About Green Lakes State Park
No WiFi
Green Lakes State Park is located in New York
23 Reviews of Green Lakes State Park
Crystal blue lake!

As a long-time resident of Syracuse, this state park has always been one of my favorites to go to. The lake is the biggest draw, it's crystal blue and impeccably  well maintained. You can take a walk around the lake and then stop at the beach to cool off. Connected to the beach is a food pavilion, grilling up burgers and serving frosty treats.  The campsites are spacious, the bathrooms are clean and well-kept, and the playgrounds are newer models. As a group of four, two adults and two kids under ten, all had a great time.

Our campsite, was directly in front of a small playground so it made it easy to sit in our lawn chair and watch the kids play. The bathroom was only a little farther than the playground and had a sink to wash your dishes in.

The camp office is located just when you drive in, and everyone was very friendly. A campstore is also a short walk from the campground and has the necessities one may need.

I couldn't complain about anything other than wishing the sun stayed out longer on the trip.

Mosquito free campground

Have been camping here off & on since I was 12 (1975). Great place for trails, fishing, swimming & plain camping. There are electric & non-electric sites as well as a Cabin Colony. Pet friendly

Absolutely Breath Taking

This park is beautiful and very clean. The water is Crystal clear and very blue, you will think you are in the Caribbean Islands. We visit this park very frequently to rent a boat or to hike the trails.

Gorgeous lakes with hiking trails and nice campsites

Full hookup camping loop is nice. Sites could be a little larger but it’s ok. Restrooms and showers could be cleaned a bit more. But I have a shower in my camper so it won’t hold me from camping there again. Lots of hiking and the beach is ok. Playgrounds are decent. Overall a nice place to camp and stores are 5-10 minutes away if you need anything.

Nice location, near beautiful lake.

This campground has some electric sites but I don't think there are sewer sites (not 100% sure of that). The sites are nice, some are little close to each other but nice for group camping. A short distance (walk or by car) to the beach. The lake is a little chilly sometimes but very refreshing. There are hiking trails around the two lakes and the beach has lifeguards. Very well maintained.

hiking, biking, having fun

I really enjoyed it here. A wonderful place to camp and stay active.

Great Park and Great Campsites!

Our family had a wonderful time at this clean, well-maintained, and beautiful park!! The park was very accessible for my daughter who is in a wheelchair, and VERY kid-friendly!!

great camping and tons of outside stuff to do

I have camped here many times and it is always great. sites good size, Great Lake swimming, fishing.

Good experience - lovely swimming area and lakes!

We had a great stay at this park. We enjoyed biking and exploring the lovely blue-green lakes. The swimming area was awesome. We were on the edge of a the large RV section in Pinewoods with premium sites. However, they are all in the bright sun - no shade. It was great having the camp store so close!

"Green" Lakes

This is a very nice campground. There are many sites with electric available at every site. There are some sites with full hook-up available and also specific areas that allow pets. Swimming is available at the large beach. You can rent a kayak and enjoy the beautiful lake. There are miles of trails to explore. There is a camp store, laundry room, recreation room, playgrounds and much more.