About Kenneth L. Wilson - DEC
No Water Hookups
Kenneth L. Wilson - DEC is located in New York
10 Reviews of Kenneth L. Wilson - DEC
Wonderfully wooded sites

We stayed here in 2014 with a seven friends and family.  We had four sites - 26, 27, 28, 29.  It was the first time in my life I was handed a bear waiver that needed my signature upon check in, but we weren't deterred.

Although, we did not encounter any wild animals during our four day stay, I did see bear scat in several locations.  We followed the rules, and kept all food and scented items in the car when not in use and utilized the very convenient wash sink behind the recycle/trash building.

The sites were beautiful and spacious, the others around us seemed a too close for comfort but these four sites were spaced out very well.

The fire pits were amazing, the temperatures dropped on our last night and the heat radiated off the concrete encasement wonderfully.

Great State Campground

Great state campground near Woodstock,NY. Pull in sites for car camping. Clean bathroom facilities with showers and outdoor cleaning stations for dishes and stuff. Been here twice would go back if in the area.

Got chased off by a bear

It was the wildest weekend I ever had, I'm not being sarcastic. The hiking areas are great, the weather is perfect and the bear was very nice for a bear. Pictured below is my partner with A Friend.

Beautiful wooded dog friendly camping!

Just a stone's throw from NYC, this state campground has lots of wooded sites. Easily accessible, with fire pits,, picnic tables and great hiking.

Large and wooded!

Large and heavily wooded! Enjoyed our stay even on a busy weekend. They have a lake on site with swimming. We happened to spend the weekend on a day with free canoe/kayak rentals which was great! We had a great time and definitely seemed family friendly. Great price and lots of good hiking near!

Lots of fun

The campsite was great. Big and going after Labor Day means there was tons of space. Well priced. We did have neighbors that had a trailer and used their generator early in the morning and late at night. Beside that it was fantastic. We had planned on driving to hiking but there was so much to do around the camp site we just walked around and did the hiking near by. The dog park is wonderful. Our dog loved it.

Nestled in The Catskills

This campground is nestled in the Catskills, New York, with easy access to New Jersey and Connecticut. With large campsites and most surrounded by trees, you will find just the right mix of privacy and community depending upon what you are looking for. Although the showers aren't top notch, they do have them and a great recycling center for all of your garbage. If hiking is what you enjoy, they have nearly 4 miles of trails within the campground and surrounding areas that circle two nearby ponds and their day use area. If you are looking for something offsite, don't miss the Giant Ledge hike, a 30 min drive and about a 3 mile out and back hike to Giant Ledge for amazing views overlooking the entire area. Head out to watch the sunrise one morning with awesome views looking east. When you need a break from cooking, don't miss the nearby Phoenicia Diner for some great breakfast and coffee! All of the Park Rangers are very helpful and will provide recommendations and maps, just ask!

Location Location

For hiking in and around the Phoenicia area this place is the BEST! An easy commute to town, and yet secluded and wooded. WIll be back many times!

Hugge imprivement

When i came I was really impressed with the improvements they made here. I haven't came her in 3 years and it looks better than ever. They constructed a really nice fishing pier.The sites were well taken of by other campers and almost look brand new. The restrooms are a short trek away. The showers are really clean and didn't see much campers using them . I stayed at site 26 and was perfect. I reserved it for 20 dollars and had everything I look for in a campsite. There are bears and if you leave food out you will get a warning notice if seen. the rangers were really nice and would go up to you can introduce themselves. If you had any problems you can ask them.

Kenneth L. Wilson Campground

Campsite was secluded and quiet. Close to hiking trails and the facilities were in good shape.