Fires Unknown
About Cayuga Lake State Park
Cayuga Lake State Park is located in New York
6 Reviews of Cayuga Lake State Park
State Park in the Finger Lakes

Nice modern-esque camp site with great views of the lake. They have cabins but we tent camped. Tent sites are open. On site they have swimming, boat launch, and (I think) a playground. Lots of other places to hike in the area too, plus attractions like wine trails, breweries, quaint amusement parks.

State Park in the Finger Lakes

One of my absolute favorite places to visit

Cayuga Lake Campground is honestly one of my favorite places to visit and spend time with family and friends. There is just something about this place that always leaves me wanting to come back again. I have been here twice, and I honestly wish I could come every weekend. It is so peaceful and relaxing, and the nice thing is that it isn't as crowded as the neighboring campgrounds. Some people may say that because it is not busy, that means it is not a good campground. I would disagree with that, because this place to me is a hidden gem. The lake is gorgeous, and if you go at the right time of year, the flowers are blooming and it's just amazing. The campsites are pretty close together, so it does lack some privacy from your neighbors, but I felt like I was hardly around my campsite to even notice. I was too busy playing in the lake, hiking, and riding my bike on some paths. I also saw a few people fishing in the lake, but not really sure what kind of fish you can catch. There are campsites, but I also saw that you can rent houses along the lake. I personally like camping, but if you enjoy having a hot shower, bed to sleep in and a roof over your head, this may be the option for you! The houses along the lake were really cute, and you literally just walked out your back patio and down to the lake. I would recommend bringing some type of bug repellent because I got quite a few mosquito bites. They were pretty heavy down by the lake, so just spray really well and you should be fine. The bathrooms on site weren't the cleanest. There was dirt and mud on the floors, and there was no hand towels. This isn't a huge issue for me, but for some people a clean bathroom is important to them. I'm used to hiking and having to use much worse restrooms! They do have some good trails nearby, with paths that were well maintained and easy to follow. I wouldn't consider these to be typical "hikes." They are more of walking trails, but they were still beautiful.

Be aware of your surroundings!

Beautiful views (it is Ithaca for goodness sake, it is gorges)! But beware that there is minimal privacy and some sites are close to the highway, so be sure if pick a spot that isn't. Small swimming area is a beautiful location, and overall good experience.

Great site to experience the Finger Lakes

One of my favorite parks in the area, this one is on the largest of the Finger Lakes, Cayuga. Visit in the fall for unrivaled scenery (better than New England in my opinion!). Great area for biking, kayaking, swimming, hiking, fishing, plus winery tours. Close to Ithaca, a wonderful "hippie" college town.

Nice State Park campground, clean & good facilities. Mostly tent/camper camping, also cabins (I've only tent camped). Nice large sites and while not super private it is serene (as long as you're not too close to the playground or highway). Shady, usually a bit of a breeze. Accessible sites are really very accessible.

Cayuga

My campsite was very clean and was well equipped with a fire ring picnic table and a restroom nearby. There was a lot of seed weed washed up and you can smell it. That was the only downside. The night is very quiet and and a nice breeze.