About Lake Placid / Whiteface Mtn. KOA
KoA
Lake Placid / Whiteface Mtn. KOA is located in New York
16 Reviews of Lake Placid / Whiteface Mtn. KOA
Wonderful Experience

Multiple different types of sites to accommodate all forms of camping. Family-friendly

wonderful but a little pricey

This campground is lovely! The tent sites are spacious and feel somewhat private considering how large the campground is. The bathrooms are well maintained and kept clean. The showers don’t run out of hot water, which is an issue common to many other campgrounds I’ve stayed at. The staff are responsive and accommodating. There is a small restaurant on-site in the lodge and while their menu is simple they take care to accommodate guests. I have a severe food allergy and they made sure my food was made safely. The only downsides I’d give are the price and the size of the campground - just because it’s so large it does feel a little less private than staying at one of the smaller family owned places around. It’s still wonderful though and I would book again without hesitation.

Fun camping

Close to great hikes

was great, slipping some.

I have done tent, cabin and t.v. camping here. a lot of family activity in my favorite place. the outdoor choices are plenty, but the campground is slipping trying to be too much and seems to let the infrastructure slip. it is owned by corporate KOA and it shows that the making money is more important than making it a home away from home that I use to love.. still will come back

awesome spot

the welcome center and store are so cute, sites are well maintained amid everyone is super friendly. there is a secret we discovered the last day. walk to the back of the campground to the Ausable river, go down the path about 500 ft. there is an awesome swimming hole.

Family Camping

Always a great KOA for a family trip

Family Fun

Great campground for the whole family. The area provides a lot of hiking for all ages.

A year round experience

We found this sweet spot perfect for our weekend winter stays to attend our daughter’s collegiate alpine ski races at the hill where the Olympics once were. Clean, cozy and warm can describe our cabin that was on the beautiful river and wooded enough for privacy but close to the mountain and anemities in Lake Placid. Our dog Crawford loved exploring as did we. This is a place where we are planning on some summer and fall weekends to experience the Adirondack’s and have a place to land each day. Highly recommend.

Loved it here

This is the best koa we have been to. Very large campground but quiet for the size. Lots to do, hiking trails within walking distance. Just a short drive to white face mountain and the village of lake placid. The only down fall is some of the site could be a little tricky to back into. We loved it here.

Very nice getaway in the Adirondacks

Beautiful campground in the Adirondacks! Lots of little shops in the area to visit. The scenery is so lovely especially the sunrises and sunsets! Make your next camping adventure at this campground. You won't be disappointed!