Rochester, NEW YORK

Most Recent Rochester Camping Reviews
Perfect Campsite

Perfect Campground, has everything you need. Fishing is great and the staff is uber helpful.

I like Flint Creek a lot. Its quiet and peaceful.

However, dont expect any cell phone service. I've had friends who climbed up on top of their RV and still, no signal. It's out in the middle of nowhere, hard to find but extremely worth it

Beautiful park but campground not as nice as other NY state parks

Ranger Review: Men’s Rebel Stretch Shell Jacket at Letchworth State Park

CampgroundReview:

I’ve visited Letchworth State Park, known as the Grand Canyon of the East, in the winter and the summer, but this is the first time in autumn and the first time camping. Although this very large state park is starkly beautiful, the campground is not as nice as other New York state parks we have recently been to. We were in the 600 loop, the farthest from the camp office and closest to the Genesee River (although we could not see it from our site). The sites on the outside of the 600 loop were larger and more private; most of them were pie-shaped and had many trees that provided ample separation. The sites on the inside of the loop were much smaller and less private. The bathrooms were reasonable but dated. The showers did not look very inviting and although I did not use them, I overheard someone comment they were the worst showers they had ever experienced!

I highly recommend the free tour of the Mt. Morris Dam on the other side of the river from the campground. The tour is interesting and lasts approximately one hour. Offered at 2 pm in the offseason and twice per day during the summer.

It rained almost the entire time we were there, so we didn’t take any long hikes. We did a short hike to the Lower Falls. The footbridge was closed for repairs when we were there. The Middle Falls and Upper Falls can be seen with very short walks. There is also a restaurant in the park which was ok but not fantastic

.……………………………………..

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get to test products. At this campground, we tested the Men’s Rebel Stretch Shell Jacket by Red Ledge. The price of this jacket is much less than many other available brands, so we were interested in checking it out and ordered one for my husband.

Positives:

• Affordable price
  • Workmanship appears to be solid and of good quality.
  • Seams are all sealed. Feels comfortable, although the material has a slightly rubbery feel
  • Water beads up very well
  • The waist is adjustable.

Negatives:

• The hood adjustment is a bit awkward
  • There are no zippered air vents at the armpits
  • The front Rapid entry zip pockets are designed to protect your cell phone from rain, but it makes it slightly awkward for slipping your hands in.
  • Ordered size large because the sleeve length on the XL would have been too long, but this did not leave a lot of room for layering.

Bottom line:

Although it is well made and a good value for the price, it is not as functional as my husband would have liked.

Chill

Great place to hangout for a weekend, camp sites are walking distance to the lake. The only thing is the sites are pretty congested so make sure to look at the map before you choose your spot. I recommend site 161 if you can get it.

The owners are incredible!

Okey to be honest this campground is a little crowded for my liking, but WOW we’re the owners just the nicest people! My boyfriend and I showed up on Labor Day weekend having trouble finding a camping spot in the area due to the holiday weekend. They accommodated us and actually made us a space in their campground. It was right next to the river and actually very nice! They ever had karaoke at night, which was fun and different! Great place !!

Decent

Nice pool but rough terrain.

Great campground

We had the best time at this campground. Walked the Creek, played in the waterfall and talked with friendly neighbors.

Huge sites, great facilities!

Very friendly and clean. Campsites were enormous. I will be back.

Love it

Near the play ground they have a nice game room pool, air hockey, video games. There is a change machine too.

Love it here

Camping again in our favorite spot. We camped so much here we got a free nights stay!

Well maintained, manicured campground

Large open grassy campsites that are obviously maintained and manicured. Friendly guy Pat at the gate helped me and and chatted with me for a while bout photography and the area. 3 loops, 150 sites, clean bathrooms and showers, boat ramp, beach/picnic area, a few short trails

Impressive...

What an impressive, pristine, and maintained park and campground. A good trail system, plenty of overlooks, good facilities, restaurants and shops. It’s one of the better parks I’ve visited. Campground is standard but elevated by its context

Great activities, friendly hosts, full hook ups!

Close to wine country you will find this gem of a family campground. Dog and kid friendly with activities such as wagon rides, arts and crafts, movie night and various themed weekend events. The hosts were super friendly and welcoming during our entire stay. An easy back in site with full hookups (B10) backed against a row of trees and a field that provided much entertainment of squirrels and birds. There is a camp store with very reasonable prices and accepts credit cards. Wood ($4) and ice ($2) are also for sale. There are two small cabins to rent along with a couple of family tent sites. The bathrooms/showers were clean near the camp store. Amenities include a pool, mini golf ($1/person), two playgrounds, horseshoes, a recreation center with games and movies, basketball and shuffle board. There are many seasonal campers at this campground, but all seemed friendly and welcoming as well. It truly seemed like one big happy family there.

Great spot for camping with dogs

This was a great campground. Just be advised that if you plan to camp with just a tent you will have to cross a creek to do it, so make sure to have an elevated, AWD/4x4 car or truck to help with the process. Showers were great and with consistent hot water, but it’s only one temp, no adjustment. The bathrooms are clean and they provide poop bags for your pups.

Good for all

I have been there many times. Beautiful park with nice beach and great fishing. Close to town and lots to do.

Beautiful views

Highly recommend going to the middle falls at night to see them lit up (when driving watch out for bears, deer, and raccoons). Many opportunities to hike as long or as little as you want, or just drive through and stop at the many viewpoints. The park has several spots to grab a bite to eat, and just outside the park is small town convenient for whatever you may need.

Perfect getaway

The campgrounds are not too close together, allowing you to have a little spot in the woods to yourself. All spots have a picnic table, a fire pit, and room for 2 cars. Each loop of campsites has a clean bathroom and shower facility. About $25 a night, which was definitely worth it. The location in the park is super convenient for driving to the falls or finding a trail to hike. Will definitely be back

Beautiful!

Wonderful park. The canyon was incredible, and lots of look out spots. The roads, and trails, and lookout points are all well constructed, and flow well. The scenery is remarkable, and there is a lot of informative boards, dedicated benches that provide a lot of interesting history and information. 10/10 would recommend.

Darien Lake camping resort

Large campground, with almost every kind of camping available through the park. Cabins,trailers, tents, and every type of space for whatever your mode of camping is. Since it is attached to 6 flags you have every amenity available to you . Campstore, cafe, gift shop, showers and laundry. The only negative and for me it's a big negative is that there are no posted speed limits on the grounds, and I found that the majority of people were driving way to fast with so many kids around

Definitely has country charm

If your looking for a smaller, quieter campground and you don’t have kids with you then this is the place. The owners are great people and the campground is very clean. Seasonal people seem very nice and willing to chat with you. There is not many overnight sites but all in all a nice campground.

Love it here

Took a video to show our favorite camp site.

Unbelievable

I dont even know where to start 2 water parks for kids and adults play areas for pets DEFINITELY BRING OR RENT THE GOLF CART , very hilly but tons of fun

Relaxing

Great place to relax and have fun with the family , lots of pets , kids loved the beach and it's only minutes from 6 flags

Love this place

This is our favorite place! Not too far away clean! Friendly family owned! Pool, frog pond, catch and release fishing. Has a nice camp store. They do events for kids every weekend. If you camp 6 nights in one season you get a night free!

Great time

Really nice staff! Free putt putt. Clean! So much to do. There is a dog park as well!

Fun

Great place clean camp ground. Lots of fun we had breakfast there and lunch was pretty expensive near the pools. Would not camp there if we weren’t going to Darien lake. We went on that new swing ride that was really high it was a lot of fun!

Awesome

Put put was free. So many things to do with the kids. Heated pools. Beach was clean.

Great fun

The laser show was great. Some of the rides were down so that was annoying. But we all had fun!

Huge campground

This KOA was really big. We came a stayed the weekend, which was packed and very loud. There was a Christmas in July theme and the Christmas lights were honestly annoying. Sunday night rolled around though and everything changed. We did not get to do anyone of the in camp activities because we were doing so much site seeing, but there are two small pools, a pond, basketball courts, play ground and jump pad.

This is about an hour from Niagara.

Relaxing, lots of things to do

Coming to Letchworth will never get old. Love coming here to camp or just spend the day with friends and family. I’ve had graduations, birthdays and anniversaries here for over 40 years. I wish the bathrooms were a bit cleaner. They always seem to feel neglected.