Standard (Tent/RV)
Yurts
About Four Mile Creek

Four Mile Creek State Park is located just 15 minutes north of the mighty Niagara Falls. The 275 campsites average 50' x 50' in size and feature both shady and sunny settings. Available services range from 10 50 amp sites and 121 30 amp sites to 144 non-electric sites accommodating the biggest rig to the most primitive tent site. 21 Prime sites, electric or non-electric, are located near the shores of Lake Ontario and offer spectacular panoramic views. The park has hiking trails for campers along the densely wooded bluffs. The marsh at the mouth of Four Mile Creek is home to fauna such as great blue herons, white tail deer and to flora such as stunning white trillium and greenbrier. A camp store is located at Four Mile Creek. Laundry facilities are located at comfort stations in the 100 and 200 areas. A modern playground is centrally located in the park.

Hike In
RVs and Trailers
30 amp Hookups
No 50 amp Hookups
Max Length: 50 ft.
Four Mile Creek is located in New York
29 Reviews of Four Mile Creek
Nice campground, walking distance to the lake

We visited this park in 2018 on our 15th wedding anniversary trip out to New England-1st stop Niagara Falls and found this gem. The sites were nothing to write home about, but the Lake was a small walk away from our site. Electric site only, but water and dump on site.

Field Camping

It's not all bad! It took a while to find our site in the dark as site markers are small. The sites are decent size, the bathrooms are clean but spiders will hang out. Showers are hot. Sites are available with electric and there is an RV dump station if you have one. There are a lot of RVs at this campground, a large playground, and a field with soccer goals (no net). Niagara Falls is 15 or so miles away, and Buffalo NY is a short drive. The bathroom building has an outdoor sink with heated water, and this is also where the trash bins are.  Firewood is available in front of many nearby homes (a couple of miles, max,and $4-5 a bundle). The fire pits are either low or leaning, so we found a camp stove to be essential. It can get quite windy, we saw a tent buckle and our stakes were pulled up from the wind. It can get loud at night and it doesn't seem as if quiet hours are enforced. I'd stay again but only if a more private campground was unavailable.

Grassy Park like setting

Park like setting with open grass area scattered with trees.  This camground is huge with 275 sites!

The loop without utilities was sparse with campers after Labor Day.

Easy drive to Niagra Falls.

Simple, easy, beautiful sunsets

This isn’t the biggest or fanciest place but it’s simple and wonderful for a weekend getaway. The sunsets you’ll catch on Lake Ontario are some of the best you’ll see. You can’t swim off the ledges, but this place is worth it. (and it’s cheap 🙂)

Simple. Yet satisfying.

Been coming here my whole life. Everyone is always friendly. Facilities are always clean. Staff is always ready to assist. Lots of great sites, plus you're right on the lake. A lot of storms just blow right by.

It was decent!

I think I could have had a better experience here if I didn’t get the last spot available. We were literally camping in a field (no trees) right next to the playground… so you can imagine. There are spots near the water that looked much nicer. We went to see the sunset and it was a beautiful view. You can walk right up to Lake Ontario, which was really nice!

Great base camp for Niagara and other attractions!

Site Details: We stayed on site#79, which was an electric site with a nice lake view. Our row of sites was separated from Lake Ontario by a large, open field. The sunset views over the lake each evening were spectacular. Our site actually had a gravel driveway and pad, as did several others, but I noticed that the majority of sites were grass only. There was a nice row of small shade trees and bushes that separated our row of sites from each other, but the general feel of the campground was more open field rather than forest. I really liked our site overall, but it was a bit of a walk to the bath house and water spigot.

Facilities/Overall Park: This is a very large and popular campground, and to my surprise it didn’t empty out much during the week. The setting is beautiful, the rangers were friendly, and the playgrounds are very nice. The camping loop roads were nicely paved and great for bike-riding. The lake was simply beautiful, and you can even see the Toronto skyline on a clear day. With that said, some of the facilities could use some TLC. There are several bath houses with laundry located throughout the CG, and some are a bit more updated than others. The closest bath house to our site was unfortunately the most dated and dirty of them. The showers were pretty gross, and the bathroom stalls were so-so, but there was constantly TP all over the floor, overflowing trash cans, and only one working soap dispenser(which was empty most of the time). We usually see camp hosts at state parks who take care of bathroom cleaning, but I didn’t notice any hosts or host sites this trip, which I thought was odd. I also noticed that the park in general was sparsely staffed, which seemed odd given the amount of campers.

Surrounding Area/Attractions: The convenient location of this campground can’t be beat. Fort Niagara is about 5 minutes away, the falls are 15-20 minutes away, and there are many farm stands and cute little towns nearby. Another neat town to visit is Lockport, about 30 minutes away(Lake Effect Ice Cream is a must!). This is a very rural area, so the fresh produce stands are plentiful during the summer season. Our favorite was Tom Tower; his peaches and corn were incredible. The fresh cookies from nearby Sanger Farm were delicious as well. Overall, this is a lovely park in a great location. While the facilities within the park were lacking, it is a beautiful and affordable base camp from which to explore all the nearby towns and attractions. We would camp here again!

Good access to Niagara Falls

But not good for swimming. Beautiful sunset views. Showers didn’t have hot water but bathroom was fine otherwise. This is a very large campground.

Massive with great views no matter where you sleep.

Lots of sites to choose from. The 100s and 300s have no electricity. Sites are nice and mostly open but you can find shaded sites no matter what. You will converse with neighbors, as you should when camping, so it is nice to find this place. Waterfront is amazing and those with the sites have it perfect, but don’t fret if you were not one of the lucky ones as there is a massive field to get too view Toronto. Showers were clean and friendly. We found the showers in the 300s to be empty almost every time we went to them since they are off the beaten path a bit.

Breath of Air

I have been visiting this NY State Park Campground since 2001 when I brought my then 4 year old son camping for the first time. I just love it there and feel quite safe throwing my tent up for the weekend by myself.  There's a different caliber of folks that come from all over Canada and the U.S. The Staff is incredible and always makes time and as for Fred the Manager, he's just wonderful and accommodating with family activities on Friday and Saturday nights (family friendly movies). Sometimes there would be special guests speakers to teach about the environmental concerns and animals. However, as of late, there has been issues with the Camp Store. The store is either not open, do not know when it's going to be open or have little to no supplies available (as of the end of camping season 2018). It is my understanding that a new company has taken over the store for the 2019 Season. I do hope so. My wish is that the store will be open regularly in early morning with more stock and activities for the families. The Park is family friendly with opportune area in which to visit classic attractions like Niagara Falls Gorge, Niagara Aquarium, Buffalo Zoo with it's many new exhibits, Fantasy Island and much more along the Niagara Scenic way. Give yourself a breath of fresh air and camp with the best that care!!

Black Friday Gift: 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift