Slater , MISSOURI

Most Recent Slater Camping Reviews
Three creeks

This place was very very disappointing for camping. Very very little spots available for tent camping and a very dilapidated 5th wheel was parked at the end. You have to go down some very back roads onto a private lane to get to this parking area. There is a very shotty sign pointing the way, otherwise you end up in someone's front gated entrance. Trails were over grown and definitely needed some maintenance. Did not spend the night.

Nice place to stay the night

We got to Arrow Rock just as the sun was setting. A beautiful sunset and a clean campground. Campground hosts were very nice. Bathrooms are large and clean and the showers were very good. We didn’t get to spend much time here as we were just stopping through on our drive heading West, but I definitely recommend!

For $13 a night it works

Entrance to the park is not far off the road, but its 2 miles into the campground as you pass the swimming hole and rentals. We stayed 2 nights on a basic (no hook-ups) unlevel site with our 40' ft diesel. Now I say unlevel, if you dont have leveling Jack's and some boards you might be tipsy. We were able to get level, but to be fair for this review who may not have jacks, come prepared. We had 3 sites all were very unlevel. Our sites were private, primitive, and beautiful. We enjoyed our stay. The camp host was friendly and even delivered wood. Unfortunately the wood was went. Not his fault. If you have any atv, dirt bikes, this is the place to come. Trails all over. We were not bothered by anyone or the sounds, of course you could hear them but at dusk everyone had to be off the trails. Would return to this state park, maybe next time with an ATV.

Dirt Bike Four Wheel Haven

Well what can I say. I had high hopes for this one. Only offers basic and electric sites in small camping are. One shower house that was ok. Very loud and not a family place to camp. Great dirt bike trails and sever lakes. You can kayak and fish. I wouldn’t recommend swimming even at the designated beach. Had one lake with kayak/canoe rentals. Could be fun for day use. Would be great for riding! All in all not a place I would camp.

Quiet and serene

Fantastic place and beautiful sunsets. The campground Hosts were fantastic!

Beautiful Stargazing views

Photos don’t capture the true essence!

Decent Activities, OK Camping

The campground was average, as were the amenities- but the activities offered were enjoyable (kayak rentals, walking trails- these were shared with dirt bikes, horses, etc.) The lake water was fine for kayaking but we definitely did not want to swim in it. The Park Ranger was unfriendly, and we read reviews of similar experiences written in the campground office guestbook when renting the kayaks.

Not likely to return.

Easy Roadtrip Stop

An easy and beautiful spot to camp for free near I-70. About 15 minutes of a stunning drive away from the interstate. Plenty of sites, lots, and places to rest for the night. All free and secluded! The particular spot we stayed at was about a two minute walk from the parking lot, which was nice given we were just staying for the night while driving across the county. Camping spots are distant, clean, large, and quaint. We as two young women felt extremely safe. Following the trails down, there are plenty of access points to creeks to purify water! Pretty views along the trails as well.

Roadtrip Getaway

My sister and I were on a road trip to Utah and our friend recommended this cute little spot! The trail is a little over grown - but the primitive campsites are nice and clean. Easy to get to from the highway and you can camp just off the trail - not too far or a hike in. There are other spots along the trail that are vibey. You can get a few glimpses of some nice views between the trees along the trail down to the creek. Rocky natural stone steps take you down to the wide rocky creek. Almost deep enough for a swim! A local said that there are swimming holes up / down the stream. Overall all perfect for some peace and quiet off the road.

All sorts of activities

I have two dogs. They are friendly, but get rather rambunctious when they see other dogs. I prefer sites that I can keep them tucked away.

On the electric sites - sites 1-10 are in an area with lots of trees and shade, while sites 11-17 are more open, but still have a few trees for shade.

We stayed in the premium electric spot #15. It felt roomy and was close to the bathrooms. If your like me, and prefer a tucked away spot, go for #17 (no immediate neighbors to your left).

The park itself is delightful. There are hiking, biking and water trails. Hiking trail was really nice with a surprise waterfall! Because the majority of campers were out in their ATV’s, we had the hiking trail all to ourselves. The kayak/canoe loop trail is nifty as there is no need to park a car in another location.

Bathrooms were well kept. Shower house was just ok.