St. Robert , MISSOURI

Most Recent St. Robert Camping Reviews
Boring spot but it’s free!

The road down was very sketchy for my 2008 Mazda 3. It’s a very simple campground but in a great location near the ozarks.

Primitive and Full Hook Up

I've seen some reviews say its outdated and I'm not sure where that comes from. On season they offer a variety of float and eat packages that are tasty and nicely priced. Cute little campground with "primitive", electric and full hook ups. All tent camping is still pretty close to the general store that also has coin showers! You have good options for a shady and grassy spot if you're tent camping too. Great folks working there, always very friendly and helpful.

Huge beautiful park. A lot of hiking and biking trails. Boat ramp and store in the park. We saw about 20 deer each day.

Friendly folks and well-maintained

Stayed here for a weekend during the hottest part of the summer. Most sites have decent shade.

Sites are back-in with a coarse gravel pad. Current bathhouse is adequate, but a new one is being built. New one looks to be about four times the size of the old one.

There is a raised fire-ring and a picnic table at each site. There is firewood available for purchase.

Grounds sit next to a state numbered highway, so access is easy. Don't expect a remote setting. The highway traffic can be distracting if you're used to camping in the woods.

Good spot for an all day float trip.

This location has been a constant location visited over the last ten years for an annual float trip with my friends. Enough ground to spread our tents out and still being close to the campfire while not being bothered by other campers.

Excellent Time!

My son and I purchased two new travel trailers and campsite number two was perfect for getting our campers ready, including sanitizing our water tanks.

Although we did not fish, we thoroughly enjoyed our family hike up around the spring and watching all of the trout being caught.

It was a great family time and I am so blessed to have had this time together with my son, his lovely wife and our 3 year old granddaughter.

Thank you Bennett Springs!

Nice camping area

Stayed at the first set of camping spots which were about 5/6. Fire rings and tables provided. Also a vault toilet was available. The road nearest the first camp site leads to the River Glade trailhead. I don’t recommend taking it until it gets some maintenance. It is overgrown and HIGH tick contact probability.

Did not stay near the river but I believe there are more campsites there. I recommend smaller RVs due to the 2 miles of gravel and high water areas you go through to get there.

Great Experience

A group of friends and I go to Garrison’s every year for a great float and two nights of camping. We have been able to reserve a private area for a pretty large group, and we have the area to ourselves!

The Most Wonderful Place on Earth

Friendly Campground staff, beautiful, clean accommodations. Saltwater pool/hot tub is seasonal, but beyond amazing! A short distance from Bennett Spring State Park where the beauty and serenity of the area continues!

Dangerous

We stayed here as a group of 5 RV campers. Our campers backed up to a fence about 5 feet off the highway. Cars and trucks fly down this highway at very fast speeds all hours of the day and night. Worried for everyone’s safety if there was a crash. Second worry was getting hit by a car trying to cross the highway to get to the river. Once we finally all got across it was quite a walk to the water (meramac River) and the water smelled terrible! We never got in the water there it smelled so bad..we all packed up and went to RedBluff for the day to play in the water. Only thing that made this place fun was the DJ/karaoke at night