The best BOAT IN camping near

Most Recent Merwin Camping Reviews
Lake life

Fabulous campground

Great little park

We stayed here for 2 weeks between houses and was great!

montrose conservation area missouri

this little off the beaten path camp ground his paved roads, boat access for 2 areas 1 near the damn which closes a gate after 10pm, we use the other area near the conservation station(although ive never seen anyone there) park rangers are mostly non existent , they do drive through, they are quite nice an most the time never stop just smile an wave, there some fire spots but be kind an put up rocks that you can find along the shore, there is bathroom facilities and a dumpster behind the conservation building.

the area is surrounded by trees but the area is clean, nice soft grass, there are pecan an walnut trees so watch out for your heads when its fall lol . you can fish, boat and swim but i recommend  water shoes. the water is very shallow most the time its only chest deep out in the middle. there is loads of wildlife to see an arent much scared of humans, racoons,beavers, crane, squirrels,dear,owls an much more. theres also blackberries in the fall.

all in all a very nice quiet little free camp area. we go all the time.

Great place to camp!

This was the second campground I visited with my new camper. It was easy to get to, beautiful overlooking the lake, and was clean. The hiking trails were overgrown and no longer accessible.

Convenient Campground to Escape the City

This was the first campground I visited with my new camper. It was easy to book online, the attendants were very nice, and the campground was well maintained. The only thing I did not like was some sites were shared and not individual.

Nothing shy of memory

The caretakers here are the sweetest people. Taking my 2 and 6 year old on their first camping experience we chose this place and they told us as we checked in that they wanted their 1st camping trip to be awesome…loaded us up with some complimentary firewood…let us pick out our tent plot, and directed us toward the bathrooms and drinking water….and that's where the good part of the review ends. We had to change plots 2 times bc as we unloaded our gear and attempted to set up camp we were welcomed and not left unpested by snakes of all sizes and large insects…it was dark when we managed to lay my already sleeping children down in the tent…the night air was clouded with mosquitoes but the moon was full and the stars were amazing. Coyotes could be heard in the distance…we thought…until around 3 am when we were startled awake by what appeared to be large dogs without leash, collar, or owner licking our tent. Circling our tent….The morning daylight couldn't come fast enough…The bathrooms were dirty and infested with various insects and covered in cobwebs…a short walk to the waters edge sent us home w 2 children covered in chigger and mosquito bites …extremely disappointing.

Quiet and Peaceful

Small private lake community. Access to several lakes for boating swimming and fishing. Also has a golf course and swimming pool. Come in the fall when the trees are beautiful.

Middle of town Getaway

The original plan was to be in Blue Springs for an outdoor off-road RC event, camping in our pup with a generator at the track. Cue pouring down rain for a week and the event is postponed, with notification out midday on Thursday. I had been eyeing this campground as a possibility for the area, and I'm so glad we decided to pull the trigger and camp anyway! We had a great pick of sites online, were able to book Thursday night and head out Friday early afternoon from central Iowa. It poured down rain for the whole trip, but you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at our site. The staff was super friendly, as well as other campers nearby. We chose a spot near (but not too near) the restroom on an outside loop (site 50). Pros: Facilities are kept very clean, staff is friendly, gated grounds, sites have great drainage, other campers were very quiet, Fleming Park has a lot to do and see, including a native hoofed animal enclosure.
Cons: You may only use campground firewood (BUT, we got 3 buckets of really great wood that lasted Friday and Saturday night), the previous tenants of our site left a bunch of trash behind (nothing against the campground, but irritates me in general), the highway can definitely be heard, but wasn't overly distracting, the floor drainage in the shower house (men and women) was variable dependent on which stall you chose. Most certainly would stay again!

City Camping

If you’re wanting to camp where you are close to city amenities, this is the spot for you. My husband, our dog and I camped in one of the tent spots, but there were mostly RV’s around us. The bathrooms and laundry area were relatively clean and the camp hosts were very friendly and helpful. You can’t see the lake from the campground, and there was some road noise from morning commuters but overall it’s a nice stop for a night or two. We felt very safe here since they require an access code to get into the gate.

Great sty

Chill, low key environment. Management super friendly and amenities (bathrooms, showers) kept clean. Great spot for family.