The best BOAT IN camping near
Loma Linda , MISSOURI

Most Recent Loma Linda Camping Reviews
Summer after summer

My family has had a membership here for 20+ years. We come here and stay every summer! They have good size places you can stay as a family, as well as lots of RV spots. We absolutely love the mini golf course and game facility, as well as the Eagles Nest! There’s nothing better than sitting out on the deck watching the sun set after a long day on the lake. The bathroom & shower facilities are always clean, with excellent water pressure, and hot water.

Just pretty close to perfect

‘‘This Campground has sections. The one group is the (Sentury) Indian, and the second loop is the Eagle Point Fox loop. We were at the Sentry loop. We liked site 71 in that loop. It offered the most space and was a full hook up. That is one of the best things about this campground. Several full hookups. Boat ramp was nice. Not great but ok for kayaking. Nice swim beach. Campground host we met was not very friendly or helpful.

Bring on the Deet!

Had an awesome hike, more incline/decline than I was expecting for the area! The caves were closed off due to walkway damage. Loved the lookout over the Missouri River! One less fun but not trip ruining detail, were the ticks. I went in August and they were pretty bad, tons on our legs and on my dog just from the hike. Next time I'll be prepared with deet!

Freindly

Open campground steady water flow volleyball court horse shoe pits

Horrible experience

It took us an extra hour to find this campground once we got up there.. towing a jeep behind you looking for a campground with next to no service was very frustrating to start off.. lack of signage.. If it’s your first time up there, print out directions because your phone might not work. Once we finally found our campground and site, there was a family of six or seven already unpacked and in our spot cooking, THAT WE ALREADY PAID FOR! it was after 4 o’clock and there was no one at the office, it was closed. (On a Friday) We had to resolve this issue ourselves. The reason they were in our site was because somebody took their site. Extremely unorganized, extremely frustrating, after hours of driving there and getting lost, now we have to deal with this. With our two little frustrated kids in the backseat… Our site was number 8 right in the middle, as far down to the waterfall as you can get. All night long, even after curfew, people were running and yelling on their way down to the water right by our site.. and there was a huge powerline light right over our campsite.. It did not feel like camping at all, more of a party atmosphere. not a place I would bring my two kids again. We maybe got five minutes of sleep thanks to the obvious drug users that were in the site next to us.. (they were kicked out the next morning) The next morning we wanted to go see the crystal clear water that is described on their site, which was very true, but the amount of trash that is down there is absolutely disgusting. Dirty diapers, cans of beer left behind, condoms, so much trash it was so disappointing. I couldn’t even take a nice picture without trash being in it. People have absolutely ruined this campground. Also it was a hell of a time trying to find a spot by the water with all of the people (the clear creek side)
After a few hours of off-roading, we came back to our campsite, that has turned into a parking lot. People have absolutely no courtesy! It’s our damn site! Someone even dumped out their trash from their car IN OUR SITE while we were gone. People that do not stay at that campground still come in and park at the end so they can go in the water.. which is exactly where our campsite was. We were so frustrated we ended up packing up and leaving. Even though we paid for two nights, we couldn’t take it anymore. Within moments of us taking our tent down, more cars swooped into our site to park there, all while we were still trying to pack up everything with our 2 little kids and dog. This has potential to be a beautiful area, but the people, the trash, and the disorganization absolutely ruined it for us. we will not be back.

Great location for float trip

Have camped here several times over the years and we have a large party that camps and floats together every year. This place is definitely a party camp. There is a general store on site that also sells food and ice cream. They definitely have you packed in there on the weekend and there are small cabins to rent if you are not a camper but want to float.

Reliable

My family has had a membership to this resort since about 1996. As leadership changes the quality fluctuates, but it has always been a reliable campground. The indoor and outdoor pools are always fun. Was not very excited about my latest interaction with the office staff, but oh well. The spots are all pretty level and decently maintained.

Great Family Off-Road Park!

My son ended up breaking our side by side the first day we got there and The owner Russ Hogan went out of his way to try to find someone to help fix it. His off road park is perfect for those of all levels and then it leads out to the State Park where there’s tons more to ride! He is a veteran with a heart of gold but doesn’t like any funny business. I will definitely be back with our family!

Decent campsite

Stayed here 2 nights while going over to the off-road area just south of the dam. Liked the proximity to the off-road area…made getting there very easy. Only dislike was the quiet hours don't seem to be enforced as both nights there was noise pretty late into the night/morning. The river does not flow through there very rapidly so if you are expecting some water noise to sleep to, it won't happen here. Several nice trees for hammock camping if that is your choice. Reserved 12, 13 & 14 together for 6 campers and gave ample room for everyone to spread out and not have neighbors too close.

Nice Area

I love the area! The host are nice and the area is very quiet.