The best WALK IN camping near
Lamar , MISSOURI

Most Recent Lamar Camping Reviews
Primitive fun

This campsite is not for those who want amenities. There are 4 SPACIOUS sites and they are what I would call primitive. No hookups/ no electricity/ no running water. Good for star gazing. Two sites have a paved pad and two do not…depends what you’re looking for. There are quite a few trails ranging from 1.5-4.5 miles—- total of 14 miles of trails. The nature center is small but they have two bison, a coyote, and many other learning opportunities inside. Speaking of bison and coyotes… you’ll hear the coyotes all night howling and barking…the bison are roaming around which you will be able to see where they’ve been by the scat droppings around the road and trail system. Definitely something to see if you’ve never seen the plains before.

Freindly

Open campground steady water flow volleyball court horse shoe pits

A great clean place!

Great state park. Cleanest restrooms I’ve seen. Great trails. Bring the kayaks. They have some pretty cool kayak marked trails on the lake. Beautiful sail boats to see as well!

AWESOME

VERY clean, Easy access, fair price for the propane they sell, VERY nice managers and very helpful!

Great Camping

Awesome lake, fishing is decent, the food at the Marina is great

Nice quiet campground

We have stayed there about 6 times. Very quiet. Needs some renovations. Sites are not level and need either more gravel or concrete. Most of the sites are 30 amp and no dump station. Water and electric only.

Big rigs at some of the sites will have a problem. Renember this is a old campground. Fishing from the shore is great no boats. Adult children ( seniors) lol are there every day looking to catch dinner.

A great rainy & flooded weekend

Simple campground. Spacious spots. Easy check in. They do not sell firewood and tell you to go to the woods to get your own - Disappointed in that. Beautiful spots on the lake. Calm and family friendly environment. I'll go back - but will being my own wood.

Excellent Spot

I really enjoyed my first trip here. I had never even heard of this lake. The grounds are nice and clean. The restrooms and showers are decent for a public area. The shop on the marina is not over priced like you would think. The staff are really nice. We do wish there were more instructions in the confirmation email on the check in process and specifically where to go when first arriving at the camp. There are pontoons, kayaks and canoes for rent at the marina. There is also a swim beach nearby.

Love taking the kids here

The kids loved watching the sailboats on this part of the lake. They also love the Sandy Beach

Great for single family camping trips!

I've went to Mutton Creek Marina to Times now to tent camp with friends and family. Our first group had five people and the second time we had four.. they're camping spots were right off the water so we could night fish or day fish, the kids could play in the lake all while hanging out at our campsite. The sites were shaded and whenever we were tired of eating camping food we could eat at the floating restaurant. The people at the marina were especially nice and informative. I love taking my family here and because of the cheap price, accessibility and closeness to other beaches we love such as Bona on Stockton Lake. We will be back and we highly recommend this place to others close to us. We don't want to tell everybody about it so it's not too commercialized ;)