Camping in French Village

537 Reviews of 66 French Village, Missouri Campgrounds

Lee T.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Great Campground!

We had a great experience in the 4 nights we spent here. The grounds, pool, laundry, and bathrooms were all in excellent repair and clean. The park was quiet, but very family friendly. The spots are roomy enough, given that you’re situated less than 15 miles from downtown St. Louis. The picnic…

• camp use women’s bath
  • shower area
  • women’s shower
Site#40
N
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Doesn't feel like MO

I've been going to klondike since I was in the scouts. Once I started to drive I tried to go out atleast once a year.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Canoe/Kayak Hot Spot

We go there each year and we are impressed with the owners for keeping this campground clean. The bathrooms and showers are always clean and friendly staffs. Lots of river rats as this campground is right by the black river which is always a canoe/kayaks hot spot. Reserve your spot ahead of time.

SiteMaple Ridge 1
A
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Slice of Wilderness in the City

It was a nice camp ground, the host were friendly, shower house and rest rooms were clean. There are trails around but you have to leave the park area for any water activities. (Boating,fishing)

Rachael G.
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Ok but crowded

The grounds are well maintained. Lots of nice tall trees for shade and grass is mowed on the regular.  There are a few spigots around for fresh water. There a couple hiking trails. But, the RV sites are very close together, so don't expect privacy or quiet days/evenings at least in the Pine Ridge…

j
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

quaint and quiet, cave-tacular

Stayed here last night and was thrilled to see the platforms were clean, I cracked concrete, with plenty of grass space to boot. The lots, at least 1-9 are well spaced. The proximity to the cave tour is wondrous and worthwhile

Amanda R.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Our favorite campground!

We love this campground! Each campsite has lots of shade and privacy. Plus a large concrete pad. Their bathrooms are always clean and water is hot for showers. I can go on and on about this campground. It’s very nice!

M
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Love Huzzah!

Our family loves Huzzah Valley. We have been tent campers our whole lives and just recently purchased a travel trailer. This is our first time at a RV site here at Huzzah. Great site on the end. Extra space for our two dogs to run around.

judd M.
Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Great accommodations and a beautiful river

We stayed 2 nights in our van. Campsites are close but could be worse. River is gorgeous and the park offers trails, caves, cabins, clean showers/bathrooms and friendly staff.

Cayelea B.
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Clean, quiet, and private

We stayed in space 46 for one night. Great view. Then entire campground was empty. I recommend for view 45 and 46. Although these spots are far from the river, they have the most privacy and best view.

n
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2021

Randolph county lake

The lake is nice decent camping, needs water hookups.

Month of VisitApril
K
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2021

Nice campground, lots of noise

The campground was nice and very clean. There were a lot of families with kids, which is no big deal, except for they were playing who can scream the loudest and longest, which was a little annoying. You could also hear cars and sirens from the highway. A couple times through the night we heard…

Site#86
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2021

Great for late night arrival and moving on...that’s it

Quick off of the highway for a late night pit stop while traveling cross country. Would never stay here for a normal camp. The most disgusting setup with sewer and fresh water literally inches from each other at all full hook up sites. Not worth the money for full hook up. I tap out when my…

K
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2021

Great state park.

Beautiful view. You can sit in the cool clear water and relax. Great place for kids. Park is well maintained. I highly recommend.