Camping in French Village

370 Reviews of 33 French Village, Missouri Campgrounds

Ben S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

THE VIEW

GREAT location for camping, especially if you run out of items and need to get something close by. Very natural, and amazing views and the feel is spectacular.

SiteB4
Bryan F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2021

Easy going in Campground 1

I’ve never been to a campground so finely manicured. The grass is short and the roads are in great shape. Campground 1 has a boat ramp and easy access to river sits. Some of the sites are a little crampy, but if all you’re doing is cooking and sleeping, you’re as good to go as a crunch wrap…

• A RIBER
  • Stayed in 8
B

Crowded and a bit noisy

Lots of dogs tied up, but with owners nearby. Some still “bolt” at you when you walk by. Could be less littered. Our site had lots of litter when we pulled in. They do have a recycle bin, or I would have given a 3. Lots of permanent or semi-permanent tenants.

• crowded
Month of VisitDecember
Ben S.

Great campsite!

Campground 1 is beautiful. Keep your food stored safely as we saw 5 skunks, 4 raccoons, 1 weasel and a partridge in a pear tree. They're all pretty bold about stealing food.

• Skunks checking out the grease in a fire pit
Sitecampground 1, spot 8
NDea C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Absolutely love it here!!

So many amenities and places to check out! My former partner and I and even friends checked this place out a few times. We enjoy the overall area and atmosphere of the shop m, visitor center and cafe offers some pretty good eats if you were up for making some yourself! Otherwise the hikes are…

Month of VisitApril
Grant M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

I’m here for River but I’ve heard the cave is nice.

We’re more River focused than interested in a cave during a pandemic. So, I dunno about the cave.

Good river access, logical layout, standard Missouri state park fees and layout. The wifi got knocked out during a flood and may not be replaced.

Grant M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Good for ATV’s, also good for horses and people.

So, as one of Missouri’s atv parks, this can be a load one. But, you can camp at campground 2, and you’re dealing with a MUCH more classic camping scenario. The park is big enough you don’t hear the small engine vehicles over here.

The campground 2 sites are set up for horses, something I know…

Nicole H.
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Favorite campsite

We camp here multiple times over the last five years. Great staff, lots of things to do,

multiple different floats and a great tube loop.

Joe W.
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Homeless sheltet

This is NOT a RV park not a place to stay .... not even to go near

It is a homeless CAMP

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Robertsville state park

A beautiful place in the woods the host are so helpful the bath and shower houses are so clean along with the campsites and yes they have a coin laundry room on site which is also helpful . This is a great place for everyone young and old

Dan W.
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Double check float

We have several times been switched from 5 mile float to 3 mile float without warning. Understand that if river is high that it’s needed. Last time was told that it was still not clear from flood years ago.   They should stop having that as an option if that is true.

A
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Nice camping space but could be cleaner

I’ve been here a few times but stayed here for a birthday weekend away! The resort was completely booked up so the camping areas were a little full but no problem! The showers and bathroom house was walking distance from our camp but unfortunately a few of the showers on the female side didn’t…

A
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Great time

Stayed here this weekend (I usually go on a few float trips a year) and it was fun as always!! Cleanest showers and bathrooms so far this summer! The only confusing thing was the camping lots there was a little confusing over have the lost were separated but the security helps us and another group…

• the float on the river
Site 404 and 403
j B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Beautiful and clean

The road back to the park was narrow. The campground was very well maintained.

Cedar O.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Quiet and very well maintained

More private than I expected from a big state park campground with showers and the works. I’d absolutely recommend.

Site#505