The best RV SITES camping near
Wilmington Island , GEORGIA

Most Recent Wilmington Island Camping Reviews
breezy bike ride to Savannah

Stayed for a night on my drive from New Jersey to Florida. Easy access, great facilities, and a nice bike ride to Savannah (bridge is a bit dicey, but drivers gave good clearance).

Top Notch Campground

We thoroughly enjoyed our 4- night stay at this site. The amenities were plentiful and the people working there were friendly and helpful. The grounds were well-kept and maintained. The WiFi worked perfectly -the best of anywhere we've stayed, and the cable had plenty of channels. On the nights that we didn't feel like cooking, they delivered delicious pizza and wings to our RV. We took day trips to Hilton Head, Savannah and Charleston, each about an hour away. We highly recommend this KOA. We can't wait to go back!

Friendly Staff We rented like 27 which was great as it had a nice open park area beside us for our two dogs

Near but not too near

We really enjoyed our stay at River’s End Campground. Staying in Tybee was pleasant. Being the off-season was helpful. My children and I loved playing and learning outside. We also loved riding our bikes around the island and to the beach.

A staff member tipped us off to the Turtle Pond which was the most memoir experience! We were close to Tybee without feeling like we were in the thick of it.

We would definitely stay there again in the off season like we did this November.

Great Park

We stayed over Christmas and had a great time. Beautiful facility. There was lots to do and they kept us well informed of activities. Would definitely stay here again!

Service on Point

The staff here went above and beyond to provide us with a great stay. The most amazing part was the fault of our RV to secure a safe electrical connection. Our RV is new to us and the handle for the 50 amp was loose which I didn’t realize would be an issue.

Long story short, Jay, an employee took time out of his shift, clocked out, diagnosed and fixed our plug; averting us from catastrophic failure! We are so thankful to Jay and the staff for being kind and cordial throughout our experience.

They also have a great wine bar and excellent pizzas that were made in house. My children also loved the playground and the Alligator walk.

It was a great experience. We would definitely stay there again!

Beautiful and Quiet

Fort McAllister has a little bit of everything. You get the history, 4 miles of hiking trails, the river, and camping! The campground is quiet and the campsites are nicely spaced. Water and electric is available as well as restrooms and showers. You can purchase firewood on site for your campfires. There’s pull through sites for trailers/RV’s as well as tent only sites. You can rent kayaks at the boat dock if you’d like. I had plenty of cell reception (Verizon) and the staff in the office were very nice. Site 16 was huge with water and electric. Plenty of trees for hammocks which I love :) The trail to the lookout tower was closed when i visited in Dec 2020 but it was still a nice experience and that just means I have to come back and visit again!

Lots to do onsite and close to downtown Savannah

We wanted to stay at Creekfire for a couple reasons: (1) wanted somewhere we haven't been before but not too far from home and (2) I wanted to visit downtown Savannah…Creekfire met both those. It was an easy 4.5 hour drive, right off the highway and about 15 minutes from diwntown Savannah. The RV resort has lots of activities: heated pool, hot tub, lazy river (closed while we were there due to the cold), pool tables, ladder ball, ping pong table, outdoor chess, fishing (lake front sites are definitely our favorites), golf cart rental, picnic table and firepit at site and a shuttle to downtown Savannah on certain days. The staff is super friendly and helpful. Only a couple cons, but for us not worth taking a star away: very few trees (I would imagine in summer the heat and bugs would not make for ideal camping), restaurant is only opened Wednesday-Saturday (we were there Saturday to Wednesday). We will most definitely be back with friends that will be staying in their cabins!

Prett, clean, convenient

This is a beautiful campground clean, friendly, and the lake-side sites are really pretty. The sun sets right over the lake and there’s a small walking path part way around the lake too. Showers and bathrooms are very clean. It’s right off the highway, and has many gas stations and stores to stop along the way. I will absolutely stay here again

Nice Time

Great stop at skidaway. They accommodate late arrivals. Beautiful campgrounds. Big Ferry Trail is great at dusk/sunset. Hot showers.