The best DRIVE IN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Scarecorn Camping Reviews
KOA never disappoints

Stayed here for one night after buying our new camper from camping world. Arrived after hours. Check in paperwork was waiting by the office door. Easy to follow map the the site. Never disappointed when I stay at a KOA.

Would most likely stay again

Clean , friendly no contact check in, sites are smaller than most. Neighbors are really close. Pet friendly. Huge water issue lots of standing water on a lot of sites , ours included . For one night it was manageable. Major drainage problem. Would most likely stay again , but would ask for a site with no standing water.

One of my favorites

We tent camped at Amicolola in early May 2020…ir was cold one night but we built a great fire in the firepit which kept us warm.The camp sites are spacios gravel and fenced.I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the park and the amenities, the restrooms were very well kept and the park manager was gracious. They have a water fall and several trails leading dow to a well stocked pond. My grandson caughed dinner…yum. I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and plan to go back.

Wonderful Lake Lanier

This is a wonderful easy access multi sited campground. Boat ramps and lots of trees. Good beaches and lots of room in between sites.

Peaceful wonderland

This campground is easy to access off the I-75. With some shopping close if the case is needed. The grounds are clean and the beach accesses to the lake are very friendly. The security is adequate, many trials for hiking and the boating entrances are several. There are new cabins being built, with other vintage ones also available. A wonderful place to spend a few days to week at.

A great place to stay for a short time

This is a nice, clean campground to stay while traveling. There are close restaurants nearby and decent bathrooms which seemed newly renovated.

They had dog walking areas too. Everything was clean and had a good feel to it.

Dispersed winter camping near the Pocketocket

1/24/21: We were looking for somewhere near the Pocket to camp out for a night after a nice mountain bike ride on the Pinhotti Trail. The main campground in the area is closed in the winter. We pulled off the road onto Gentry Gap and found the perfect spot at the end of the road (~1 mile, easy dirt road). The Forest Service has done a nice job blocking off areas from vehicles (to stop erosion). There are 4 or 5 spots that are perfect for dispersed tent camping, and a small stream across the road for added ambiance. Super quiet and peaceful.

Historic park with great hiking and mountain biking trails

This is just under 2 hours from midtown Atlanta. The setting is lovely and I am sure it's a 'must see' during the leaf changing season as most of the forest is mature hardwoods. We had a pull through site overlooking the lake. The restroom facility closest to our site was closed but there was another facility a short walk away. It was a cold weekend so the heaters in the restroom buildings were very much appreciated.  About half the campsite was full so it was very quiet and relaxing. There were an abundance of birds in the area (for you bird watchers). We did the hike to the Fort and Fire Tower from a nearby parking area. It's a relatively easy 30 minute hike up.  There is a longer more challenging hike from the campsites but we were not up for that this trip. We had one dog with us, so I'd say this place is very dog friendly. Apparently there is a lot of black bear activity in the area but we did not see any this time. *Interesting fact: black bears do not hibernate like other more northernly bears so be informed and aware.  We will absolutely return to this wonderful park. Read more about the wonderful parks built during the 1930's and 1940's with the support of President Roosevelt and the "CCC" (Civilian Conservation Corp.) at:

Mountain camping at its best!

This is a beautiful campground located right on the river! A great place to fish and enjoy nature. It is a large mountain property, that has 4 camping areas. Lots to do around the area too. They even have tubing on site…so much fun! You should check it out the next time you are in the North Ga. Mountains!

Beautiful Campground

This is a beautiful campground. As others have mentioned, the roads to get to the sites are narrow and windy. We have a 21’ van and we didn’t have any issues, but I was very glad we got to our site during the daylight. I would not want to drive the roads after dark. We stayed in a primitive site (51) so we could have more privacy and better views. Site 51 does not disappoint! Keep in mind there are no hookups at this site, and anything longer than our van may have trouble backing into the site. This would be an amazing tent site! From a practical standpoint, you will need to buy a parking pass - even though I received an email telling me I could go directly to my site and check in by phone, they wouldn’t let me buy a pass on the phone so I had to head back out to the park store to buy a pass. Other than that, great park.