The best DRIVE IN camping near
Methvins , GEORGIA

Most Recent Methvins Camping Reviews
Great place

We found this place by chance and stayed a couple nights in one of their cabins and absolutely fell in love with it. Already headed back for a week stay and hopefully many more

Blessed

One night stop only

It gets 2 stars because the staff was nice but the park looks run down. Every site needed mowing (no rain so no excuse) and the site next to us was blocked off because of a water leak for quite some time, algae growing on the water. Trees need to be trimmed. It is easy on easy off of 75. ‘45 MH

Great little campground with plenty of things to do and hear

I camped at this park as a child and will always remember hearing the animals from the zoo in the middle of the night.  The lions roaring and the monkeys howling isn't something that many campgrounds can offer.  There is plenty to do at the park including fishing, boating, bmx and mountain biking, frisbee golf, a splash park, great playgrounds, and of course you must walk through the zoo.  There are currently 44 RV sites, 18 tent sites, and several camper/cabins.

Cheap, not fancy, lots of fun!

This place was great. It’s not fancy, and could use some updating, but we really enjoyed ourselves. They had lots to offer: bike trails, a huge wooden playground, a splash park, disk golf, a bmx bike track, an rc car track, a small zoo/animal conservatory, and some sort of nature center or something. We loved the playground. It needs some repairs, but nothing major, just updating mainly. The zoo is an extra charge. It’s small and unkempt, but we had a good time. I think there is a lake for water sports also, but we didn’t check it out. We didn’t use the bathrooms or showers so can’t comment on those. The park as a whole could use some work, but for $20 a night and all there is to do it’s definitely worth checking out. We were very happy with our stay.

Surprisingly lovely

We had to stay in the area for a few nights and didn’t know what to expect, but when we rolled into the RV park we were so pleasantly surprised. It’s wel maintained, big, and even has a lovely duck pond on the property.

The sites are evenly spaced, gravel, and level. All pull through a with full hook up. The check in was super easy. The location is right off the main road so it’s super accessible. Wish it were a little less noisy, you can hear traffic.

All in all, a nice place.

First Family Camping Trip

I grew up tent camping @ KOA’s all over, every year, so I was ecstatic to be taking my young family on our first camping trip here! The staff was absolutely wonderful, the tent sites were adequate sized and the bathrooms were very well maintained and right across the road from the tent sites. The sites were actually pretty central to everything (pond, playground, bathrooms, laundry/deep sink, check-in/shop) so that was great. We didn’t spend a ton of time here because it was a short trip and we drove out to Providence Canyon State Park for our full day adventure. But every bit of time we spent at our campsite (our friends camped at the site next to us) was totally enjoyable! My ONLY complaint would be that out of the two outlets we got on our site, one of them didn’t work. Otherwise we had a perfect stay!

Great stop if you’re passing through

Stopped here to camp overnight on our way down to Florida from Ohio. Arrived around 9:30 and was able to check-in after hours via a box with an envelope next to the office. Only us and a few other people so it was pretty quiet. The restrooms were very clean and well lit, and in this current covid time going to a public restroom can be dicey so I appreciated that.

It is right next to the highway, which is quick and great if you’re just pulling in for the night. We camped in a truck but if you’re a tent camper you will be hearing the dull roar of the expressway all night if that bothers you!

Great Park!

This place is HUGE!! As others have said, the sites are a little close together and there's some traffic noise, but neither bothered me very much - I was real close to the road too, so not that bad at all. I was quite comfortable the two days I stayed here. They have a little convenience store with camping gear you may have forgotten (or didn't know you needed!), souvenirs, food, and other essentials. The bathrooms are nice and there are some on-site fun to be had with a basketball hoop and playground.

I love it here

Lots of room. Spacious campsites. The hosts are friendly. Propane tanks picked up and filled for you. There’s a large fenced dog park. Laundry available. Clean bath houses. There are small comping cabins available. I have full hookups. The area is remote and quiet, but the Walmart and dollar store are right up the road if you forget something.