Camping in Radford

76 Reviews of 14 Radford, Alabama Campgrounds

DianaM S.
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

power outage 9:45 pm

power just went out. no one here to fix it.

Month of VisitOctober
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Great Weekend Trip

Easily one of my favorite campgrounds to visit. Plenty of trails to walk or ride and just a great place to get away from town.

Month of VisitApril
Austin C.
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Great place and friendly people

Sites are kinda tight but everyone was very friendly and nice to talk to. The vendors in the art cabins was very nice and had amazing work. Any thing you need is at the store also drinks food and simple rv necessities and firewood. And a lot of history and hiking.

D
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2021

Beautiful water front campsites

We live about 45 minutes from this campground. Planned a last minute trip for 2 days and had an absolute blast. It was middle of the week so we nearly had the place to ourselves. My son and I enjoyed the fish while my wife enjoyed a good book on beautifully shaded lot #13. The hosts were helpful…

c
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Absolutely enjoyable

We loved it. It was when I was a child but i can re remember it like it was yesterday. (that's saying something since I am a stroke victim, rendered now mentally handicap with short and long-term memory loss)

Siteidk
B
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Family friendly. Loved it!

Very nice set up, kid friendly. We are enjoying our stay. 😍

M
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Forkland Campground

I originally was going to stay at Chickasaw State Park but that was a no go so I Googled the next closest Campground which brought me here. The park host, Leigh, was very helpful and polite. The bathrooms were the best I've seen in a long time. The spot she put me in was amazing. It was so…

SiteSite 12
L
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Beautiful quiet park

Quiet park with fairly level spaces most of which are on the water. Electric and water only with a dump station in the center of the park. One thing to be aware of is that the 4" sewer plug is NOT a sewer connection

Genie C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2021

Tight sites

We loved the history and beauty of THSP. Everyone was so friendly, but we felt like we were on top of the people beside us.

Month of VisitApril
Neil T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 9, 2021

Has potential - but just ok

The good:

Quiet Big shady trees Creek goes through it Lots of neat buildings Camp store has some items and snacks

The not so good:

Not much information on what you are looking at or should look for

Picnic tables in sad shape

Camping spots had a bit of a parking lot feel

Bathhouse in disrepair…

David S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2021

One of my favorites

Probably one of the best kept secrets. Very clean and peaceful. Great get away location.

Gregg G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2021

Remote, Affordable USFS campground with Cell service

Payne Lake East is primitive camping that costs $6 dollars a night.  From here you can access the amenities on the west shore.  We are here in mid February and all but one of the full hook up sites on the west side are occupied.  However, on the east side there is only one other camper. The lake is…

• East Side primitive camping
  • Lake view from the dam
  • Pavilion at the swim area
Month of VisitMarch
charles K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2021

Peace and quiet

Amazing place to be never a bad experience in 24 years great fishing great sites. 15 minutes from the next town and it’s small perfect get away.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2020

Clean campground, pleasant check in

We only stayed one night. Large campground, broken into 3 areas. Lots of camp sites and cabins too. Campground was wooded, clean and had all the amenities you could need.