Bankhead National Forest, ALABAMA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Bankhead National Forest Camping Reviews
Highly recommend

I would highly recommend anyone wanted to camp in a clean and safe place, come here.  The new owners have worked hard and it shows.  So peaceful!

Kids loved the park

I am very grateful to the manger.  We had a long day driving, everyone was tired and we had a flat tire coming into the park.  One of the staff members help up and wow that was a big stress relief.  Thank you Tom!  The next day we had a birthday party in the park area and everyone had a good time.  Again, thank you!

Loved the Cabin

When I woke in the early morning, the breeze coming in from the cabin patio felt wonderful.  The views made me feel as if I was in a coffee commercial.  haha  I took a walk to the office and had a cup of amazing coffee after.  Yes, I believed I was in the commercial… haha But seriously, we had a great time!  Its above what I expected of a KOA actually.  Will be returning soon.

One of the best campgrounds.

Home sweet home!  Campgrounds was fun, clean and friendly staff.  A great place to loose stress.  We took a kayak out fishing and caught a large bass.  Fun memories.

Nice place

Off the beaten path but conveniently located close to town.
The showers are really clean. We stayed the week of Thanksgiving, so it was decorated really cute.

Nice quite camping

We were here during winter, so there wasn’t a lot going on. This is a nice campground that is adding a lot of new sites. The older sites seem to be mostly 30 amp, FHU. They do have some 50 amp, and it looks like all the new sites are 50 amp. You are right on the lake with a good view. Equipped with bathhouse, laundry room, club house, nice playground and more! We would definitely stay here again.

Decent

Tent sites were good. The bath house was over at the day use area so that wasn't convienent. This park could use a little maintenance.

Great!

Love everything about this RV park!

Great park with lots to do

There were many options for sites, including nice pull throughs. Some were well shaded , others had nice water views. We had an oversized site that was a pull through. We got there after sunset, so it was nice to have a quick and easy set-up. Large swimming lake, hike loops, playgrounds, leisure areas including picnic sites, tennis, basketball, and disc golf give you lots to choose from. They also had a large marina and a restaurant on the property.

We will be back in warmer weather for sure.