Hoover, ALABAMA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Hoover Camping Reviews
Nice park, great location

Only stayed for one night. Passport America discounts are offered. There is a Home Depot a few hundred feet from the entrance. The expressway noise is noticable but we're not bothered by that. The employees were nice and the grounds are well kept.

Talladega Pit Stop

Great RV park, new owners are awesome! Close to Talladega Super Speedway, Talladega National Forest and so much more!

Friendly Family Fun within walking distance of the Talladega Speedway!

Super Place.  Treed Park with super friendly folks.  Shower houses, SEWER HOOK UP, Sundries, Laundry and more.  Great place to stay!

First camping trip

My family of four went here for our first camping trip since it was close to home. Between the kayaking, fishing, swimming, hiking, scavenger hunt, and the night hike, we stayed busy.

OK campground in a very large state park

Very large park with lots to do within the park including golf, archery, several lakes, and hiking. We had hoped to hike to Peavine Falls, but since we arrived on the first day after Daylight Savings, we ran out of daylight and needed to get an early start the next day. As with other parks we have been in this fall, the lake was closed for swimming for the season.

The campground is more than five miles from the entrance to the park and is quite large. It was surprisingly crowded for the first Sunday in November. We did not have reservations but were able to secure an electric site (a frost warning was in effect, so we wanted to be able to use our heater). We could have had our pick of tent (no hookup) sites. Many of the sites had the feel of an RV park. There was no privacy/separation between the sites and the sites vary significantly in size and quality. Some are pull-through, some are paved, some are gravel. Site 9 was level but not all of them were. Each site had a very large picnic table and fire ring. Check-in is at a small store that has some basic supplies but you are within 20 miles of Birmingham and the surrounding suburbs so you can easily stock up on groceries and other needed supplies before arriving.

The bathrooms and showers were a little worn but serviceable. It was appreciated that they were heated.

What is it about trains and campgrounds? As soon as we settled in for the night, we started hearing the very loud trains throughout the night and into the next morning!

An ok campground but unless we were going to take advantage of some of the activities available, we probably would not camp here again.

Nice quite camping

We were here during winter, so there wasn’t a lot going on. This is a nice campground that is adding a lot of new sites. The older sites seem to be mostly 30 amp, FHU. They do have some 50 amp, and it looks like all the new sites are 50 amp. You are right on the lake with a good view. Equipped with bathhouse, laundry room, club house, nice playground and more! We would definitely stay here again.

Amazing Rock Formations

Really incredible place. Spent the day bouldering. They had rental shoes for the kids and crash pads also. Nice and quiet. We brought the RV and everything was good except the water lines were winterized. Not a big deal they have showers and bathrooms available.

Fun weekend hiking getaway

I love coming to this park. The hikes are challenging, the camping is good and the employees are wonderful. The only downside I have to this campground is while it is technically "car" camping, you have to park either down the hill or up the hill from your site, which is just a little irritating at best. Otherwise, the staff is phenomenal and the scenery is spectacular. I have only been here in the fall/winter, but plan to come back in summer at some point to see all the green and wildlife out and about.

Amazing State Park w/ countless outdoor activities!

If you are looking for a place with outdoor activities for any and all, this is your spot! The campground itself is fairly large with options for all types of camping. The camp store has just about anything you could need and extremely friendly service. Bathrooms were clean and sufficient as far as availability for use. My biggest complaint was privacy as far as sights being very close together. Tent sights seemed to be fairly spacious and secluded but we drove around the loop 3 times before I found an electric sight where I felt we had some privacy. This campground and park itself is extremely beautiful and so worth the stay to get to explore it. Whether it is hiking, fishing, boating, kayaking, horseback riding, sight seeing, nature exploring, photography or whatever it is you like to do outside, this place will give you plenty of options to keep you busy or just relaxing at peace out in nature. I highly recommend this as a stop on your list of campgrounds to go visit.

Great Camp

I stumbled across this place while traveling across Alabama. A bit rustic but it has a great bathhouse. Lots of locals at the camp. Very friendly place. I'll definitely stop in there again when I am.in that area.