About Lake Martin Military
Military
Lake Martin Military is located in Alabama
2 Reviews of Lake Martin Military
Great get away

This place isn’t fancy but it is a military owned campground. With that being said, sure I’ve been to far better places! But for the price it’s totally worth it! You have amazing fishing, and a beautiful lake there! And the boat rentals from the place are literally half the price of any civilian rental place! Yes there are snakes and bugs there…. but you are in the outdoors… soooo it should be expected…best part for me was there was only a few people out there.. I like the quietness when I go camping. I went to a few of the beaches and didn’t see any trash and it seemed clean to me. I say go check it out for your self. A weekend outdoors is always better than a weekend indoors!

Stayed here with family

This is another one of the U.S. Military Campgrounds (similar to the Maxwell/Gunter AFB one in Montgomery) and similarly, it caters primarily to RVs. There are a few tent sites available but they aren't very nice or well maintained. The whole campground is a bit run down and in need of attention and updating.

There is a boat launch and beach area. However, I wouldn't recommend spending much time in the beach area due to the large amount of garbage and pet waste. Oddly, dogs are allowed within the park but only if you are camping in a camper or RV. Dogs are not allowed in the tent camping area which I find odd.

We stayed here while visiting family in the area and I wouldn't stay here again. There isn't much to do unless you have a boat so you would be better off finding a different place to spend your time.