Decatur, ALABAMA

The #1 Camping App

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Decatur Camping Reviews
Lovely spot, lots of great hiking trails

We've lived in Huntsville since'87 and never camped at Monte Sano. Once we sold our house we camped their through the Christmas holidays to be near family. We got a lot of rain and our particular site did not drain well, so would probably choose another next time we stay, though the office said they were going to do some site maintenance. So, maybe that will improve. There is lots of great wooded, hilly hiking on Monte Sano, which we took advantage of between the rains. Sites are spacious; you are liable to see the occasional deer out your window. Since the sites are quite wooded, though not secluded from each other, satellite coverage is likely only possible after leaf fall. We had intermittent DISH coverage at our site. Downtown Huntsville is a mere 15 minute drive with lots of dining and cool nightspots(try Humprhies. Also visit Lowe Mill, Stovehouse, Campus 805. Plenty of good local breweries. One thing we will say about Huntsville is their recycling is limited (no glass). We hope that soon changes.

Highly recommend

I would highly recommend anyone wanted to camp in a clean and safe place, come here.  The new owners have worked hard and it shows.  So peaceful!

Kids loved the park

I am very grateful to the manger.  We had a long day driving, everyone was tired and we had a flat tire coming into the park.  One of the staff members help up and wow that was a big stress relief.  Thank you Tom!  The next day we had a birthday party in the park area and everyone had a good time.  Again, thank you!

Loved the Cabin

When I woke in the early morning, the breeze coming in from the cabin patio felt wonderful.  The views made me feel as if I was in a coffee commercial.  haha  I took a walk to the office and had a cup of amazing coffee after.  Yes, I believed I was in the commercial… haha But seriously, we had a great time!  Its above what I expected of a KOA actually.  Will be returning soon.

One of the best campgrounds.

Home sweet home!  Campgrounds was fun, clean and friendly staff.  A great place to loose stress.  We took a kayak out fishing and caught a large bass.  Fun memories.

Nice place

Off the beaten path but conveniently located close to town.
The showers are really clean. We stayed the week of Thanksgiving, so it was decorated really cute.

Nice quite camping

We were here during winter, so there wasn’t a lot going on. This is a nice campground that is adding a lot of new sites. The older sites seem to be mostly 30 amp, FHU. They do have some 50 amp, and it looks like all the new sites are 50 amp. You are right on the lake with a good view. Equipped with bathhouse, laundry room, club house, nice playground and more! We would definitely stay here again.

Decent

Tent sites were good. The bath house was over at the day use area so that wasn't convienent. This park could use a little maintenance.

Great!

Love everything about this RV park!