Yurts
About Gulf State Park
Gulf State Park is located in Alabama
29 Reviews of Gulf State Park
Nice state park

Spacious spots. Full hook ups. Nice pool and bathhouses. Bring a bike. Watch out for fire ants.

AMAZING place!

From the second you enter the park, you feel like you are at a five star resort instead of a state park. The facilities are amazing. There is a pool, hiking trails, bike trails, beach, planned activities and more. It's beautiful and it's a huge complex. Our site was a pull through right on a swampy area. Within a few minutes we saw an alligator which sort of freaked us out but was totally cool at the same time. I suggest staying a week. You won't have time to see everything if you don't!

Like a small city

This park is like a small city, there are over 500 sites, only 11 tent sites. My husband and I tent camped at gulf state park in February, 2019 and it was very nice, they have so many amenities here you don’t ever have to leave. If you were looking for solitude time, this is not the site for you. The bathrooms were nicer than some hotels I have stayed in. There is a store on site, tennis/pickle ball courts, swimming pool, activities center, horseshoe pit, nature center and over 25 miles of very nice hiking trails, oh yea, and less than a 20 minute walk to one of the best white sand beaches in the USA. Also playgrounds for kids. There is a laundromat and they have a church service and other scheduled activities.

RV Resort

The park is nice. I find it too expensive at $50 a night. Too expensive for my taste. The park is more like a resort. If that is your thing, this is your place.

Will stay again

We had heard great things about Gulf State Park. We were very pleased. The bath house was kind of old but very clean. I went to several of the bath houses on the property and all of them had been cleaned very well. We had to move from one site to be able to stay an extra night but well worth it. My son loved the pool. We liked the lounge chairs around the pool. The people in the office were great and very helpful.

Everything you need

This is a huge campground. But, the sites are far enough apart that you don’t feel crowded. And, they have everything you need: camp store, museum, bike rental, propane, pool, tennis, splash pad…and alligators. Short walk to the beach. Short drive into restaurants and shopping.

Very accessible

It's a really great campground, the sites are nice and so are the cabins. It's very close to town and really close to Walmart, for those that prefer to be close to civilization. It's a great way to go to the beach and not spend a lot of money on accommodations.

This place had it all

This was my first time to camp on a travel trailer. As I usually tent camp. The trails here are super easy and would only disappoint if you wanted to do hard core back packing. The park is an easy walk to the beach. I took my kayak and my bike and it was a perfect fit. I was able to bike, snorkel, run, and kayak on a 4 day 3 night trip. The facilities are clean and the park is quiet. It is alcohol prohibited however.

We camped end of June for a week! It was hot but he campground had lots of activities like nature center, pool, tennis and basketball courts. The bike and hiking trails are amazing! Our teens loved them! When you camp at this park, your beach access is included. It’s across the toad but very easy to get to. The city has just added a walkway above the street and great public pavilion. Campground bath houses were nice. Staff was friendly and helpful. Also included is gulf state pier admittance…we had a blast fishing as well

Wonderful place! Lots of bike & walking trails! Or head to the beach. Be.

Be careful during alligator mating season!