the dyrt
Drive In, Boat In
Gulf State Park is located in Alabama
26 Reviews of Gulf State Park
RV Resort

The park is nice. I find it too expensive at $50 a night. Too expensive for my taste. The park is more like a resort. If that is your thing, this is your place.

Will stay again

We had heard great things about Gulf State Park. We were very pleased. The bath house was kind of old but very clean. I went to several of the bath houses on the property and all of them had been cleaned very well. We had to move from one site to be able to stay an extra night but well worth it. My son loved the pool. We liked the lounge chairs around the pool. The people in the office were great and very helpful.

Everything you need

This is a huge campground. But, the sites are far enough apart that you don’t feel crowded. And, they have everything you need: camp store, museum, bike rental, propane, pool, tennis, splash pad…and alligators. Short walk to the beach. Short drive into restaurants and shopping.

Very accessible

It's a really great campground, the sites are nice and so are the cabins. It's very close to town and really close to Walmart, for those that prefer to be close to civilization. It's a great way to go to the beach and not spend a lot of money on accommodations.

This place had it all

This was my first time to camp on a travel trailer. As I usually tent camp. The trails here are super easy and would only disappoint if you wanted to do hard core back packing. The park is an easy walk to the beach. I took my kayak and my bike and it was a perfect fit. I was able to bike, snorkel, run, and kayak on a 4 day 3 night trip. The facilities are clean and the park is quiet. It is alcohol prohibited however.

We camped end of June for a week! It was hot but he campground had lots of activities like nature center, pool, tennis and basketball courts. The bike and hiking trails are amazing! Our teens loved them! When you camp at this park, your beach access is included. It’s across the toad but very easy to get to. The city has just added a walkway above the street and great public pavilion. Campground bath houses were nice. Staff was friendly and helpful. Also included is gulf state pier admittance…we had a blast fishing as well

Wonderful place! Lots of bike & walking trails! Or head to the beach. Be.

Be careful during alligator mating season!

Had the best time camping! We will be back!

Lit of riding trails. Or head to the beach.

Huge Sites! Fantastic Facilities!

Gulf State Park, AL has the largest full hookup campsites we have ever seen. The state park has many hiking and biking trails, a gulf beach, restaurants, swimming pool, lake frontage, stores, fishing pier, golf course and really nice restroom and laundry facilities. All of this is a bike ride away from tourist attractions!

Great place to stay for Hangout music fest

Camped here for hangout music fest. Price was right and the sites were standard car camping sites. Bathrooms were decent.