Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway, ALABAMA

Camping Alabama Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway

Most Recent Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway Camping Reviews
Beautiful campground, great sites

These sites at this campground are amazing, they are spacious, multi-level, and have views of the river. There is a trail that runs along the perimeter by the river (a bit precarious, probably better for those with some hiking experience). The grounds are clean and well-kept. The only downside (if it matters) is that because of its location, it’s really far from anything like gas, restaurants, etc. But I would definitely stay here again, it’s so peaceful and quiet. My site 18 was well shaded and the last in my loop, so I had fewer neighbors, although I was there during the week so it wasn’t that crowded anyway.

Roll Tide!

100+ site campground used by RV’s during football season sitting less than a mile from campus. Owner lives on property and is extremely helpful. All sites are gravel with full utilities. Great stop for overnight, or a long weekend in Tuscaloosa.

Great Experience

Had a great time on our trip and the campground was very well kept! Sites are nice and mostly water front and bathhouse was very clean!

Great Quiet getaway

Very relaxing great set up and very quiet.

One of our favorites!

My only complaint about lake lurleen is the lack of cell service- but do you need that when camping!? Bathrooms are older, best well kept for public bathrooms. We love the swim area and it’s always clean. They have a few small parks for kids, walking and bike trails, paddle boats, boat ramps, and ducks! Even through we live close by we enjoy spending our weekends here when we can!

Not for Tent Camping

Pros: Very nice campground. Clean bath houses with showers, beautiful lake with a small beach. Access to mountain bike trails. Verizon cell reception for those going completely out of touch.

No's: Campsites are on top of each other with very little tree cover. Also, tents cannot be set up on grass; only on their "tent pads." (jagged rocks). I asked the camp host if any sites had actual tent pads instead of rocks and was told no.

Great Campground

Friendly staff, Level sites, clean restrooms. Boat ramp inside campground. Always enjoy camping here!

Lake Lurleen is a beautiful, well kept place to camp. Bathrooms are exceptionally clean. The camp sites are big and well maintained. The only draw back was if you are camped at the bottom and have to do the hill climb in the dark to the rest room.

Army Corps of Engineers site

Secluded campground. Primitive sites. Park host on site.

Cochrane campground USACE

Beautiful secluded campground. Limited sites. First come first serve. Cash or check only. Run by the Army Corps of Engineers.