Dothan, ALABAMA

Most Recent Dothan Camping Reviews
One of the Best

One of my favorite campsites to go to, but not a lot of shade on all the sites next to the water. Fall is such a great time to camp here.

Small but nice

Nice

Great place to stay

They have 30 and 50 amp sites full hookup. Long term stay available

Small, secluded, inexpensive

With our senior discount this was $10/night for electric, water, flush toilets and hot showers! Boat ramp near by, seemed to attract a lot of fisherman. Some boat noise on the lake, but ok at night. One site of noisy locals for several nights. No hiking trails. Back in gravel sites under trees and pull through sites along the outside of the loop road. Rv dump near the entrance. Definitely will be back when we are in the area. I think the other review may be for East Bank because there are only 11 Sites here at River Junction. Also as of Oct 2019, it is closed from April 1 to Oct 1.

Awesome

Excellent campground. Very clean. Unfortunately, due to hurricane Michael last year, 80% of their trees were destroyed. Camp host, Art, was wonderful! Loved the park, near the water. Very peaceful.

One Night

Great place for one night stop. We pulled in after dark to find the park attendant had set us in a great spot near the spotlessly clean restroom for the night. We had no problem setting up and plugging in. WI-Fi was strong and  blessing. If you like fast planes and helicopters this is your place to see and hear them.

Very Nice

Would definately stay there again

Love it

Love area . Quiet. Spacious.

Love it

Love this area. Ga. Side!

Waterfront camping at its best

This was our second visit to this beautiful COE park. Due to the warm weather there were many sites available to us in early August. We were able to get a waterfront site with a long gravel drive, picnic table and fire pit. There are a variety of sites available depending on your preference for sun or shade. The campground hosts were very friendly and helpful. The campground has electric and water at each site with a dump station available. There is a boat launch and a very nice fish cleaning hut near the dump station to process your catch. The restrooms and showers were clean. We happened to be there during May fly season so there were a lot of bugs. We even saw a deer while out for a walk.

Tallest waterfall in florida.

Not a very big state park but it was very quiet and relaxing. Only about 20 sites total with a very nice restrooms and showers. There was also a spot to wash dishes. Alot of trees so plenty of shade. There are pull through and back in sites. Tent camping all the way up to class A. Water and electric but no sewer at site. There is a dump station. The falls and the lake were nice but depend on rainfall. We have been in a little drought so it was a trickle. There are fish in the lake but do not like to be caught. Swimming area at the lake as well. Some trails but not a bunch. Would definitely come back.

Lots of lake front sites!!

We tent camped in February 2019 on site 47 right on Lake Eufaula! Bathhouse was clean. Most sites are either on the lake or have a view of the lake. Bring your fishing poles and boats, lots of activity on the water! We want to try sites 49, 50, 51, 60, 61, 92, 122…these are on our list as the best sites. We will be back!

Waterfall

This park has waterfalls, which are beautiful, but not very big. The swimming area was very mucky.

The sites were spacious and well set up.

Caverns, need I say more?

This natural wonder of Florida is amazing. I highly recommend a visit and touring the caverns.

Nice lake

They are still recovering from hurricane Michael but most activities are up. RR's and showers are nice and clean. Be careful driving south because GPS will have you going down some dirt roads

Great hidden gem-wonderful for families

I took my boys here for the holiday weekend.  The pool was large and clean, the bathrooms were recently updated, and they had fun things for the kids.  They loved craft time in the afternoon, the scavenger hunt and mini golf course.  Great location next to town and the owners were very accommodating.

Don’t bother

I am surprised that it got in this site. It has a small spring but not a pretty place. If I needed a place to park just to spend the night, maybe. I live in Bonifay and no……

Tex

Another good COE campground. A lot of large spacious campsites and they were clean. Some right on the water. A lot of waterfowl and wildlife. Also a lot of access from shore to fish. Restrooms and showers were clean. A lot of COE campgrounds we stay at are very nice and the price is right . Especially with senior pass. The only problem I had was there was a boat going up and down the lake cutting up grass growth on water. They would do this for a few hours everyday. Very noisy! The Staff were very nice and helpful.

The spring here is nice. But it is over crowded and trashed.

The spring is beautiful and flows into a little creek… this place has the potential to be a good spot but the staff and the people who visit really need to step up and clean this place. It looks like the staff has abandoned the place. Their was food left all over the ground from the people visiting. Trash was overflowing from the cans. The bathrooms were filthy and infested with flies. The trash cans being full and the bathrooms are really the worst part. This place would be good to visit on a week day early in the morning. I don’t recommend staying on the camp ground. I wish I would have taken pictures.

Family Fun Destination

The main attraction in this state park is the spring fed pool. There is a lot of nice grassy areas plus a playground but everyone was in the water. I tried it but found it too cold even though August in Alabama is very hot. Campground seemed a little cramped but acceptable. Bugs became a real issue as the sun began to set. Come armed with repellant.

Beautiful cool weather camping

Camped here in December and it was very quiet. I prefer cool weather for camping here in the South, as I'd rather huddle under a blanket by a fire than sit inside in AC when the temp reaches 90 degrees plus. Lots of pretty foliage remaining on the trees and birds were active.

Boaters Paradise

Nicely maintained campsite was quiet during the week but it sounds like they get pretty busy on the weekends. Since the park is surrounded by water there were several boats and some people fishing off the land. The area I was in was raised a few feet off the water. There is also a swimming area with a huge sand beach. Be warned the sand is extremely hot midday. Even with thick rubber sandals my feet got too hot.

Hot but beautiful

We took this trip mid summer, and it was ridiculously hot. There was no coastal breeze, in fact there was no breeze at all. The playground was nice but the equipment was too hot to touch.

Luckily we cooled off in the Blue Hole… which, let me warn you, is ICE cold all year long. It felt amazing and the kids loved it!

There are a few hiking trails that are nice, including one with a cave tunnel. The cave itself is wonderfully cool, and although it isn’t very big, it is still quite beautiful. It was easy to navigate for those that are looking to see what a cave looks like without the full crawling and spelunking experience.

The little shop at the cave tours was well stocked (including ice cream!). There is also a museum that gives lots of information about the cave and the area in general; on Sunday they had a reptile/wildlife presentation.

The restrooms were large and clean. Staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. Overall would definitely go back… just during a different time of year!

Hot but beautiful

Need to go back

This beautiful, and historic Park is one I'd like to revisit. My husband and I spent only one night there, as a pit stop along a long drive between South Florida and Texas.

We were so impressed with the beautiful nature around us. Admittedly, we didn't have time to go into the caverns this trip, and therefore need to go back when we can. We did get to hike around the grounds a bit, and enjoyed every minute of it.

We chose a tent site, which required a very short hike from our car. This is the first time we had done that, and although the city side of us may worry around our car and it's contents, it sure made us feel more in the woods than we were. It was quiet and beautiful, having a campfire surrounded by nothing but sky-high trees.

They did experience damage from Hurricane Michael, but I plan on revisiting once things are repaired!

Quiet Country Setting

• Full Hookups (Electric, Water, Sewer)
  • 75 ft. Pull-Through Sites

• Propane
  • Wi-Fi Accessible
  • ATM machine on site

Pets Welcome!

It's a great place to camp for a night or stay long term.

Rustic and beautiful

Great camp ground. Pretty falls.

Super site!

We were right on the water (11 sites are) lots of things to do. We learned a lot and our youngest earned to Jr. Ranger Patch. Buddy sites to share. Lots of Geocaching!

Bring your netting

White Oak Creek Campground, is in Alabama…..I obviously missed the State Sign when I crossed the border;)

This was a quiet, low populated area when we traveled through. I should say low people populated, the bug population was booming! Gnats and mosquitoes, I can see why the frog population is so high.

The lake had several signs denoting the presence of alligators. I didn’t see any, but there in lies the problem! I’ve seen to many National Geographic shows where the unsuspecting gnu gets grabbed while try to quench its thirst. So my dogs were not happy with me because they were not permitted in the water. There were people in the beach area and their kids were playing in the water. There were plenty of people out fishing too.

The campground was shaded and I liked the double spots available for people traveling together. Some sites definitely had more privacy then others. When you don’t reserve ahead you get what’s left if anything. The facilities were not new but they were clean and the park was well maintained. This would be a water recreation style camping trip but you could walk or bike the road.