Standard (Tent/RV)
30 amp Hookups
50 amp Hookups
Meaher is located in Alabama
13 Reviews of Meaher
One of our favorite campgrounds .

We have stayed here 4 times over the last 2 years. We keep coming back. It’s a good location for events in Mobile and Baldwin counties. Site are level and paved. All have FHU I believe. They have a nice little fishing pier. Boat and kayak launch. Bath houses clean and operated correctly. Hot water etc. You can hear traffic in Hwy 98 and I10 at night but was not an issue for us. Other have complained I have noticed. Tv antenna reception good from Mobile and Pensacola. About and hour drive to great beaches also.

Fantastic Park

The wife and I stayed 4 nights here and it is now my all time favorite Alabama state park. If you’re a glamper and need WiFi and cable tv, then maybe this place isn’t for you. But if you want beautiful scenery, well manicured grounds, plenty of space, and peace and quiet….then come on down. It’s full hookup. It was quiet. Yes, you can hear traffic from I-10 a little, but it didn’t keep us awake or make us turn the tv volume up. The staff was friendly and checked on us to make sure we were having a good time and had no problems. They also came by and put poison out for the argentine ants you read about. We used some of our own also. The ONLY complaint I have is the sewer connection is high off the ground and our connection sagged down. This can be easily fixed with a larger diameter pvc pipe around the stinky slinky to keep it straight.

We loved it and will be back. The views were breathtaking. The alligators stayed far enough away and didn’t bother us. It’s close to supply stores and restaurants if you need them. This was money well spent.

Odd location but pretty park

We enjoyed several amazing sunsets from this State Park. The people working here are super friendly and we had a good time here. There are a few trails you can walk on and some places that people were out fishing. It’s in a bit of an odd location– just off the busy main road all by itself, but it isn’t far if you need to get back to town. The facilities were nice and we had a great time here!

Nice

Small, beautiful scenery, great staff, cleanest restrooms.

I can only give this place 3 stars for a few reasons. One, it was $37!!! for a primitive site that wasn't any more special than any other primitive site I've stayed in. Though having water on site was nice. Second, it was basically next to a giant parking lot, so not super scenic. Now the good stuff. Really clean, quiet, and very friendly staff. And BEAUTIFUL sun rises! I'd stay here again, but would have to look really hard for a less expensive more private spot next time.

First, but not last time visiting.

This place is awesome! My husband and I do a lot of camping and this is, by far, one if our new favorites. It is quiet, clean, friendly staff and lovely views of the bay. There are boardwalks to explore, photographs to be taken, alligators to be seen, fishing to be done, relaxing and having a good time to be had. We love this place!

Fits all your basic needs and beautiful views

This campground has large sites with both 30 and 50 amp hook ups. The sites are level concrete pads but they have this crazy ant that you have to prepare for. Bring borax or baking soda to protect your rigs from these ants.

It’s nestled next to Battleship Parkway and makes for an easy jaunt into Mobile to get dinner or check out some of the local brews/night spots. Or you can travel down the bay to check out some of the little towns along the way.

Pets are allowed but caution for the ant bait/killer stuff  on the trees/etc.

Nice location

This is a scenic campsite along the river. The tent sites are in a general area, not specific sites. It worked out well for me since I was the only renter but I imagine it could get very crowded. The facilities are clean and the staff were so nice. My one complaint is that they don’t provide fire pits for campers.

Nice

Scenic, friendly, but could use some updating.

Nice and convenient

We stayed here for a week in June and enjoyed it very much. Site was level with plenty of room for our 5th wheel and truck. Great local restaurants with seafood in nearby Spanish Fort and Fairhope. Shopping and grocery stores within 5 miles as well. All campground employees were very nice and welcoming. Would definitely stay here again.