Camping in Piney Woods

Recent Dispersed Reviews Near Piney Woods, Alabama

372 Reviews of 49 Piney Woods, Alabama Campgrounds

J B.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Nice shady camping in the woods

Most of the spots are distanced a good ways from other sites. They are a little close to the paved path for my taste though. Plenty of restrooms. Fairly clean and quiet park.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Back again, 3rd time.

We came for the memorial day weekend and the week afterwards. The park was full but also still peaceful and quiet in the primitive camping area.

Siteprimitive site 120
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Small But Peaceful

We are staying for Memorial Day weekend. It’s our first time here and it’s really not that bad! Easier to navigate in my opinion that others say. Staff is really nice and welcoming. The sites are a little tighter than most places. Especially in the RV section. We are tent camping and have plenty of…

SiteF12
B
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Very spacious camp spots.

We had a good time on our weekend trip. Place had a pool and 2 playgrounds. Great for kids.

Kathy H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Spot by the lake

Nice place. Quiet park with some highway noise. Didn't use any amenities. Don't think there's much. Cable. We would return with kayaks and enjoy the lake.

Gordon L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Beautiful Campground

I just stayed one night in May, but the entire area is beautiful. I saw lots of deer and squirrels. The facility was undergoing renovations, so the restroom facility near my campsite was closed. There were plenty more within walking distance. I would definitely recommend

Site42 (tent)
T
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Nice weekend trip

I took my 6 and 8 year old girls, tent camped 2 nights. We had a great trip. This is a great place for kids to hike/climb/ explore. My kids are accustomed to 6+ hrs in the heat everyday, so it wasn’t an issue. Nice and cool/breezy at night this time of year. The park has a close bathhouse with…

Sitethe sites are not labeled
Tausha M.
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Good family vacation

It was a good camping trip and the camp grounds were really nice and clean

Tausha M.
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Wedding/ honeymoon

We had our wedding and honeymoon here it was quite and peaceful

Bill M.
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Great place

Had a great time we primitive tent camped toilets where very clean non drinking pump close by. Will be back soon

F
Reviewed May. 18, 2021

Simple, clean, convenient

Lots of open space, trees, by a river. Clean bath house with hot showers. Right on Chief Ladiga Rail trail about 6 miles west of AL/GA border. We road east, will come back to ride west segment. Dark at night for star gazing. Friendly folks.

Siten/a
Benjamin K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 18, 2021

Top of Alabama

Cheaha is great for year round camping. Some of the states best hiking trails. Best time to hike is Winter (IMO) when the leaves are mostly gone and you have great views all around. Also trails for mtn. biking. Campgrounds are in great shape with clean bath houses. I’ve camped at both lower and…

Site4 upper campground
Jeffrey S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Awesome State Park and Campground

There is so much to do and see here at the park.  For your stay, there is camping, cabins, chalets, and a lodge for accommodations.  There is mountain biking and hiking trails, along with a lake to swim, fish and paddle in; and a pool if you are a overnight visitor.  There is a camp store onsite…

• Mountain Laurel
  • Big foot
SiteS51
Bill M.
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Great place

Had a great time. What was going to be 3 day trip, turned into 6. So many trails and waterfalls to find.