The best BOAT IN camping near
Kingtown , ALABAMA

Most Recent Kingtown Camping Reviews
Rustic campsites, nice cabins

We like the rustic campground here! Nice new bathhouse and playground area. They sell firewood! I do wish the campground was on the river or had water views, but it’s close by, so that’s okay.

There is a nice lodge with restaurant. The cabins here are extremely nice! They have views of the Tennessee River. Be sure to check out the wildlife rehab near the front office.

There are a few stores and restaurants close by in case you want to go out to eat if need to make a trip to the store.

We love Tennessee State Parks!

Not my style, but others love it.

Another Mississippi State Park that has so much potential, but has been neglected. The bath house is nice, but most of the sites are extremely close together. Laundry facility’s and vending machines can be found in the bathroom.

The cove with sites 10-24 seem to be the better spots in my personal opinion. The sites on the water are nice (43,45,47).

They do have cabins for rent along with a lodge and a Marina on site. Most people that camp here are coming for the lake. This is a popular place during the summer.

Great Area to camp with the family

Great area to camp. Right on Pickwick Lake with good views of river. The park staff is very active and have lots of activities planned year round. Good entertainment and food nearby. Clean and well kept.

Great family place to camp

Spent 3 nights here in December, 9-12th. Only half the camp sights were open, loop 1 was closed, but that's normal for the season. There's plenty to do here, trails to hike, sights to see. Good restaurant, an old mill, waterfalls, and playgrounds for the kids. Has 50, 30, and 20 amp electric hookups and water at all sights, plus fire ring and table. Dump station in loop 2. Clean restrooms and showers are available. Sites are all paved and level, decent separation. Nice rolling hills all around, and lots of wildlife.

Decent spot on the lake

Camped here on Christmas Day 2020. It was very quiet and a little windy. I was the only camper but it’s on a disc golf course so I saw a couple of those guys. I went down to the parking lot so I could sleep in my car and have a fire by the water. It was great and quiet except there are parking lot lights which I didn’t see until they turned on. There are picnic tables, trash cans, and portable toilets. All in all a nice spot. I had Verizon and I think I had two bars of service. There’s also a spot a little east off an unmarked dirt road which was ok and had a fire pit. I checked it out but there was just too much litter and a half eaten deer carcass which I wasn’t vibing with.

Treasure

Great place on the lake. Campground is fairly hilly and our spot was far from level. It was the last spot available and I understand why! Lots to do on the lake and close to Muscle Shoals.

Great Park and Campground!

We visited this park in late June. The campground and park was immaculate! Sites were level and easy to back in. Bathrooms and showers were wonderful.  The staff was super friendly, and the area was wonderful! Make sure to go visit the Amish. We had a great outdoor class to learn about snakes, hiked the trails, and enjoyed the falls. We look forward to going back to this gem again!

Convenient to town, Beautiful Setting, Great Atmosphere on Tennessee River

This campground is located in our hometown of Florence AL and is a Gem of a City Campground.  It is a staple as far as local campers are concerned because of its serene setting while at the same time being so coinvent to so many wonderful attractions. Only a mile or two from some wonderful local restaurants and retail as well as being convenient to the Cities of Sheffield, Tuscumbia and Muscle Shoals, all of which are 5 miles or less.  Its a beautiful setting along the Tennessee River (Pickwick Lake).  Boat launches, picnic pavilions, frisbee golf, fishing pier and a beach in the same park.  Wonderful place to watch sunsets and Sun Rises on the River

Couldn’t connect to WiFi.

It is said that their is WiFi, and it does appear as an option, but it only shows “unable to connect to Joe Wheeler”.

Awesome park

Awesome spacious lots with lots of outdoor activities.