Camping in Hamburg

33 Reviews of 5 Hamburg, Alabama Campgrounds

D
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2021

Beautiful water front campsites

We live about 45 minutes from this campground. Planned a last minute trip for 2 days and had an absolute blast. It was middle of the week so we nearly had the place to ourselves. My son and I enjoyed the fish while my wife enjoyed a good book on beautifully shaded lot #13. The hosts were helpful…

Steve D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Quiet and friendly!

This little gem of a campground is kind of off the beaten path between Montgomery and Selma. The owners are very friendly and helpful and gave us a GREAT restaurant recommendation (Kimberleas - in old town Prattville) where we had OUTSTANDING meals! The campground is immaculate and very well…

SiteNot sure
Dana B.
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Gorgeous

This is one of our favorite campgrounds. Beautiful lake and Spanish moss, spacious sites, plenty of privacy, and very quiet! The pictures speak for themselves. We’ve camped here in both fall and summer and always have a great experience.

• Sunrise from inside our tent
Month of VisitNovember
Michael L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2021

Great place to camp and boat

Some of the campsites have courtesy docks. Our site was right on the lake. Would live 5o go back.

B
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Family friendly. Loved it!

Very nice set up, kid friendly. We are enjoying our stay. 😍

M
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Forkland Campground

I originally was going to stay at Chickasaw State Park but that was a no go so I Googled the next closest Campground which brought me here. The park host, Leigh, was very helpful and polite. The bathrooms were the best I've seen in a long time. The spot she put me in was amazing. It was so…

SiteSite 12
L
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Beautiful quiet park

Quiet park with fairly level spaces most of which are on the water. Electric and water only with a dump station in the center of the park. One thing to be aware of is that the 4" sewer plug is NOT a sewer connection

Neil T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 9, 2021

Has potential - but just ok

The good:

Quiet Big shady trees Creek goes through it Lots of neat buildings Camp store has some items and snacks

The not so good:

Not much information on what you are looking at or should look for

Picnic tables in sad shape

Camping spots had a bit of a parking lot feel

Bathhouse in disrepair…

charles K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2021

Peace and quiet

Amazing place to be never a bad experience in 24 years great fishing great sites. 15 minutes from the next town and it’s small perfect get away.

Greg W.
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2020

I think that this is my favorite

Always enjoy Gunter Hill...plenty of space and scenery is good anytime of the year..we have been here several times..

Raymond B.
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2020

Hideaway beauty!

What can I say about this beautiful place. The camp host and workers are amazing. Bathroom/shower house clean as can be. The nature trail was very calming and enjoyable. A must stop while in BAMA.

Bill & Amy S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2020

Great

Great sites level and clean, great host on site. Perfect place to start our new life in camper.

R
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2020

Peaceful

Very nice. Roomy. Clean. Many nice sites. Nicely wooded and a lot of water views. Great for water/fishing/boating activities. Only drawback is no sewer hookup but dump station on-site

Z
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2020

Excellent spot to pitch a tent

We needed a place in a pinch since we got on the road in the afternoon. Spoke with a very nice man on the phone (Jim Scott if memory serves me) who directed us to book online... $18 for the night and we had running water, a fire pit, and a decent little plot overlooking a section of the Alabama…

• View from public terrace near campsites.
  • Canoeing a secluded area of Woodruff Lake