The best BOAT IN camping near
Five Points , ALABAMA

Most Recent Five Points Camping Reviews
Small car camping site

This is a cute car camping site that we have stayed at several times. It provides great access to hiking in Cheaha and is perfect as a home base for adventures in the area. It was actually closed for COVID when we were there but I believe that it is now reopened. I would definitely check online to make sure it is open before planning to camp here. I would definitely suggest this site over the main Cheaha campgrounds since it is more private and primitive which I prefer. Not a great site for RVs though.

Review Update

I was back at this site again over the summer and got some updated photos and I wanted just to refresh my review. There was ample water for pumping while there this time and I wanted to share that this is by far one of the best sites in the area for large groups. If you are coming with a church or boy scout group you can't beat the space that this site provides. It is also at the intersection of multiple trails which makes it perfect for backpacking loops.

Fantastic

I stayed in site 52 and there was only one person next to me. Sites were spread out nicely and taken care of. Gates close for cars at 10pm and reopen at 7am. Felt safe. Would go again :)

Huge!

Huge campground and the sites are fairly close and crowed for a state park. Beautiful location. Waterfront sites have a week minimum but if any are available at check in time you can upgrade.

Really nice place to camp.

Big campsites on beautiful lake. Stayed at site 38. Great stay.

I researched the best time to come to see the leaves turning. We were not disappointed. The mountain views have been breathtaking. The campgrounds are awesome too. The sites are nice sized with plenty of space space between. This one will be a repeat for sure.

Very Nice Park on West Point Lake

Friends and family stay at R. Shaefer Heard ofter because most of the sites are very near or overlooking the lake.

The campgrounds are open year round.

West Point Lake is a 29,000 acre lake with over 525 miles of shoreline that startles Georgia and Alabama and stretches from Franklin, GA to West Point GA.

The campground offers 117 sites with electricity and water hookups. Other amenities include a dump station, coin laundry facilities, hot showers, a boat ramp, and hiking trails.

Hidden gem

Great spot! Primitive only. Bathrooms were far from camp spots but portor potties were nearby.

Pretty neat place

I say this because we got here 1 November and it was half full. This is a very LARGE campground, it would be very busy if it were packed. The gate coming in is very very tight, and easy to miss. The only sign directs to the park (not the campground), follow. Our neighbor waited months to get a water front spot, we booked the day before. Absolutely beautiful, great water front spots if you want to pay the price (with discount and fees, waterfront ended up $60 a night). Very family friendly and lots to do when everything is open. Def worth checking out!

Beautiful Park

Lots of great hiking. 2 playgrounds were open. Playgrounds are brand new or at least they look brand new. I am 225 lbs and I played on all the equipment with my daughter. The bathrooms were cleaner than my bathroom at home. The dogs loved the hiking and the river is beautiful with the fall colors. There are so many small trails that are shortcuts around this park. After 2 days, you will feel like a local getting around. There is ice at the visitor center along with snacks and souvenirs. I look forward to my next visit.