Camping in Appleton

23 Reviews of 14 Appleton, Alabama Campgrounds

T
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Not impressed

Overall….meh. The RV sites are not on any type of paved or level ground and are not suitable for larger RVs. They're VERY close together and there are a lot of trees. They call them "pull through" sites but there isn't enough room to pull through and turn onto the road (you could barely pull a…

Month of VisitApril
Jamison R.
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Great place for a weekend trip

Me, my wife and a few friends decided to winter camp here 1/17/2021. The manager was super friendly and love talking with the guests. We ended up needing to park more cars than the park rules stated but the manager was very accommodating. Quiet campsite besides the occasional otter diving in the…

Site#17
Month of VisitFebruary
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Easy spot off the highway.

This camp ground is growing so there was quite a bit of construction debris around, but looking past that. This spot is literally right off Hwy 10 at exit 26 making it convenient for travelers. I would not recommend this campsite for true "camping". On ground fires are not allowed and there are no…

Lawrence Robert T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Quiet place on the water

Wendy and Jim were funny and helpful. Spots were gravel with nice paved patios. Small laundry area with clean machines. Unisex baths were clean. People were fishing right off the bridge that separates the two parts of the campground.

Annette V.
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Wonderful Park

What a wonderful RV park. The staff was so helpful. We were taken to our site and we were guided as we backed up our RV. The grounds were nice and everything worked. We wished we could’ve stayed there longer, but we were just passing through.

LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 3, 2021

Quick reservation reply

Sent reservation request for a future stay in the evening and had a phone call from Wendy the next morning.  Very impressed with her answers to my questions and the quick reply for a reservation request.  Will update review once we complete our stay.

Maddison L.
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2021

We love it!

Absolutely great!

totorunner
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2021

Plenty of fun things to do!

This camp ground is a must consider for those seeking adventure...as the name implies!

Scott
Reviewed Feb. 15, 2021

Not much here, but nice

Nice level concrete pads. Space between sites. Friendly people. Nice playground. Rustic pond with ducks. But, No shade at most sites. Nothing really to do except the playground. Right next to a junkyard. WiFi was overwhelmed and unusable.

R
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2020

Just what we needed

Quiet, clean and reasonable. We’ll definitely go back.

Dee G.
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2020

Nice scenery

Nice Scenery owner is very nice But the staff is very rude. And a lot of drugs come through there

P
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2020

Excellent RV Park

I stayed here for 6 weeks. Highly recommendable- a very clean, friendly and well run family RV park - close to major highways, restaurants, groceries and other amenities. Popular with pet owners.

Valeria B.
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2020

Peaceful~A Place to reconnect

Bluff Springs Campground is a non-profit privately owned and operated campground. While it has not been operational since the pandemic the grounds have been maintained by a manager, grounds keeper and maintenance.

The more than 500 acres provides a secluded peaceful place to unplug from the…

• Just beyond the pathway in the photo to the right this bridge is tucked away. It serves as a path and protection for a small natural spring that feed the lake.   Photos owned  by Valeria Bryant (Do no download or publish without my express permission as they are my intellectual and creative property).
  • This photo is a pathway that leads from the lake to one of the natural springs that feeds the lake. Photos owned by Valeria Bryant ( Do not download or publish without my express permission as they are my intellectual and creative property).
  • The Tabernacle is the most senior structure on the property and can serve as a recreation, event space or classroom area.
Photo owned by Valeria Bryant ( Do not download or publish without my express permission as they are my intellectual and creative property).
Month of VisitMarch
Marlene V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2020

Awesome Glamping spot!

Nice for a romantic getaway or for families. Lots to do. Little farm area with chickens and trials to hike. Stuff on-site is amazing. They even have a tree house you can rent out!

Haley A.
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2020

Amazing campground!!

I’ll start out from the beginning of my experience in a nut shell. On the way to Florida from NE Alabama we experienced our first blow out. Sat on the interstate for 2 hours. Get to our first camp ground and can’t get to an open restaurant and there’s no stores with groceries due to panic buying…