Camping in Rawlings

Recent Yurts Reviews Near Rawlings, Virginia

69 Reviews of 3 Rawlings, Virginia Campgrounds

M
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Small state park with great camping

Absolutely enjoy going to Pocahontas! Great campsites. Pretty separated from each other. Very clean. Good bathrooms. Pool and fishing in the park. Good hiking.

Month of VisitFebruary
laurie M.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Love it!

Thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay at this park. Spacious, paved, and level sites. Several buddy campsites too.

Month of VisitApril
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

MTB trails

One of the best MTB trails I have been.

• FREERIDE
TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Fishing

Being from Missouri and moved to North Carolina I spent a week here and it has been so far one of the best places for fishing.

Month of VisitApril
Pam R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Huge Lake, nice sites

We visited Kerr Lake State Rec Area, JC Cooper Campground, Loop 1, at Satterwhite Point in April and it was fully booked for the weekend.  The sites are beautiful. Many have direct views of Kerr Lake. Water and electric were good, maintenance was good.  There are State Park quality toilets and…

• Lake Kerr
  • Campsite
Bridget H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2021

We loved this VA State park!

Our family loved this park and its amenities. The campground was nice but some of the sites are a little small so definitely pay attention to the camper length per individual site. The bathhouse is in the center of the loop so that makes it convenient to most of the sites. The swimming lake has…

RL The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2021

Wooded Sites

Tent sites are shady, although some can be VERY close to one another. There’s a nice beach area and the park seems to offer boat rentals (unsure of COVID policies at the moment, though). 🛶

The playgrounds and amenities for kids are cute, and the bathrooms are clean. The park sells wood and has a…

N P.
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2020

Lovely and lively

Every camper’s dream spot. Seriously, this modern giant state park has it all: mostly private sites, a paved road for biking, plenty of tree cover( even in winter) a lifetime’s worth of trails to explore, and clean, legit bathrooms and showers. Firewood for sale by QR code, almost total darkness at…

Bridget H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2020

So Much To Do!

This campground is beautiful! We have been here multiple times but have only car camped here one night. This park has trails, a sprayground, playground, camping, cabins, nature center, and picnic areas. I love this park. It really is beautiful. We stayed here one night for a vintage scooter…

RL The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2020

Lovely November Trip 🔥

Camped on a Friday night, had site 106. It was a really nice site: set back a bit from the road, fairly wooded, not a long walk to the bathhouse water/electric hook-ups, and a long back-in driveway. Nice fire ring with grill (that had been cleaned), lantern/trash pole, picnic table. Pea gravel tent…

Reviewed Nov. 4, 2020

Love State Parks

Smaller campground. 33 sites, only a handful for larger rigs. Mostly level. E/W only. Dump station. Two lakes, lots of places to walk/hike, explore.

Reviewed Oct. 30, 2020

Love it here!

It's our "go-to" at home campground. Beautiful park, friendly staff and beautiful, well maintained trails. LOTS of space to spread out and explore!

Reviewed Oct. 26, 2020

One of my favs!

Great State Park campground! No sewer hookups (they do have 30/50amp). Lots of hiking, fantastic mountain bike trails, lots of history. LOVE the staff. 20 mins from every store you can imagine, but super quiet at night. Sites are well spaced.

Lauren V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2020

I LOVE this camp ground!

Stopped over for one night on a long drive and was so happy with the set up. Nice amount of room between sites, viper clean bathrooms and showers, fire wood available, and cute little trails to walk your pups. Liked it so much that I decided to stay here on my way back too:)

Casey S.
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2020

We are at it again

Such a great place...even though COVID-19 has activities closed, there is so much you can do!