Camping in Five Lakes Subdivision

265 Reviews of 34 Five Lakes Subdivision, Virginia Campgrounds

R
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Camper reunion

A few of my friends and I try to camp every autumn, and this private campground was perfect! The owners were very welcoming and do their best to work diligently to upkeep their farm and all their campers needs.

• campsite overview.
  • the end of cypress trial
  • bathroom trail

• Friends lead the way.
Month of VisitNovember
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Great place for a quick getaway

We just got back from spending the weekend here. We chose to spend our weekend tent camping and could not have been happier with our decision. My daughter LOVED being able to walk all trails. We were a bit disappointed the boardwalk was closed (but we still loved walking the rest of the trails).…

SiteCampsite C18
M
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Small state park with great camping

Absolutely enjoy going to Pocahontas! Great campsites. Pretty separated from each other. Very clean. Good bathrooms. Pool and fishing in the park. Good hiking.

Month of VisitFebruary
T
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Great location near historic sites.

Clean, safe & filled with families. Lots of space assigned to each site. No septic per site but convenient dumping station. Large, spacious park with trails & other activities.

• One of the play areas
  • One of the play areas
SiteB66
Anne F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Quiet campground on the water

We liked camping here. Rustic but with hook ups. Nice big pier for fishing. Not too much in the area. We did some bike rides. Take your groceries bc the grocery stores aren’t great.

Site?
K
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Great park

I have been here a few times with my family. We usually stay in site A because it’s not far from the camping store where the wood is. The wood is $6 and it is the honor system after hours. If you go to the camping store while it’s open you can pay for the wood with credit card. The bathrooms are…

Elizabeth D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Wow!

This place has everything you could ever need. I had tons of fun! If I could give them more stars, I would. The people like to play late into the night on the weekends. This did not bother me.

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Great Campsite

This campsite was great! Its a nice site if you want to see both woods and water. At the site, I was able to see the woods while relaxing. I also loved that the sites are also spaced apart. There is also a beach trail which had a nice view of the Potomac River. The bathhouse was not the best but it…

• Beach Trail
  • Beach Trail
SiteB31
Jen O.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

Great Proximity to Richmond

We’re originally from Richmond and needed a centrally located campground to spend 5 weeks in our class A while taking care of some things in town. (We’re full time travelers in our motorhome.) The location is the best in the Richmond area for a full hookup campground for a large RV. It’s right off…

SiteF17
laurie M.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Love it!

Thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay at this park. Spacious, paved, and level sites. Several buddy campsites too.

Month of VisitApril
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

MTB trails

One of the best MTB trails I have been.

• FREERIDE
Quintin M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Great stay at Belle Isle

First time here for us. Sites and big and for the most part lots of space between. A couple of sites are close and could be buddy sites. Bathroom was clean and typical for a state park. We will be back.

Cari M.
Reviewed May. 4, 2021

Great spot

Nice little place to camp. We went with tents. There was only 1 other couple in our area. We were able to bring our dog and our canoe. Everything was very clean.

Sitesite #3 , but #4 looks like a great spot