Camping in Berlin

Recent Tent Cabins Reviews Near Berlin, Virginia

82 Reviews of 16 Berlin, Virginia Campgrounds

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

County-run, and it shows?

The good news- campground is right along the river and has a large pool. The bad news- the place is overrun with fishermen launching boats before dawn. And I mean 25-50 trucks/trailers/boats each morning.

Our site was large, but we ended up in a non-sewer lot. Weird, as I booked this trip 6…

G
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Chickahominey Riverfront Park ho-hum

Small campground, not well managed, only a few RV sites with shade. If your site isn't by the water you may never see it. The showers are so-so but are better then some worse then others. Has a nice pool, frisbee golf course, fishing pier, boat rental, and boating access to the river. Plus a cool…

c
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2021

Williamsburg trip

Although, the cabins were nice the campground was not maintained. The staff is not courteous and the prices for the stay way tooo high. We paid 150 for two nights for a primitive tent site with garbage in a can that was never picked up during our whole time there. There was also feces at one…

Never Sitting S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2021

Military only campground

Small six site campground that the fire department states is never used. Nice clean level spots. Easy on and out if visiting Richmond. You must get a permit from the fire department to use grill, super simple and took five minutes. Must email for reservations. Emailed the day before and went…

Christopher A.
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Great getaway

The lakes are fun and we always have a great time. Some sites are amazing. Only 4 stars because of proximity to highway.

Sitef35
R
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Camper reunion

A few of my friends and I try to camp every autumn, and this private campground was perfect! The owners were very welcoming and do their best to work diligently to upkeep their farm and all their campers needs.

• campsite overview.
  • the end of cypress trial
  • bathroom trail

Month of VisitNovember
James T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Chickahominy park campground

Sites are level ,outdoor pool ,trails,boat ramps,fishing.you have the Chickahominy river in the James river meeting together. There are nice sites that are on the river. You're near Williamsburg Busch gardens all the outlets.

Site209 was in the open field
Heather The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Lovey little campground on the river

This campground is lovely. It’s on Gordon Creek which flows into the Chickahominy- able to rent kayaks, has a playground, a pool, and nesting ospreys, a bald eagle/s can be seen. Undergoing some renovations but still a nice campground. I’d go back.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Wonderful and peaceful trip!

What a great camp! A small family farm with 5 sites around the property. We chose site 2 for our family of three and a dog and it was the perfect size. The hosts were so friendly, and we were able to walk around and see the chicken coop, small lake, and barnyard with goats and geese. The campsites…

• Stroll through cypress grove!
SiteSite 2
B
Reviewed Mar. 31, 2021

Extenuating circumstances

We arrived on opening day (March 19, 2021) for the season. They had unfortunately been a victim of the rain and the main road to the campground had washed out. Alternative routes were set up to enter and exit. I understand from reading other reviews that they can routinely have problems when it…

Susan P.
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2021

Amazing !

My family used to get day passes during the summer we where unable last year because of covid but it’s an amazing family friendly spot

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2021

Pretty nice campground surrounding a couple of small lakes

We had a personal guide to show us the location of our campsite. Campsites had wood decks which would be nice in warmer weather. Close to highway but reasonably quiet at night

Month of VisitMarch
Susan P.
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2020

Very nice

The water at the beaches is so shallow great for my son ! It’s a beautiful place !

Ashley I.
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2020

Ok

Ok place to camp. Wooded areas, sites are a little tight. Lots of permanent sites.