Camping in New Lawton

105 Reviews of 17 New Lawton, Tennessee Campgrounds

Emily S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2021

Camp and Kayak

We love to come here for when we kayak the Buffalo. Plenty of open river front campsites and shuttles to or from the camp (depending on which route you take) The bathrooms start out pretty clean, but can quickly get nasty with the traffic of kayak renters and other campers. Showers also are pretty…

lThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

Rv campground

We needed a stop over. Very accommodating since it’s Labor Day weekend. Electric, water, dump station. Clean. Lots of rvs. So far quiet. The showers and bath are very clean. Hot water and no time limit! Some road noise but not like being right on interstate.

Sitetent site with water and electric but right in the middle of park overflow site
Month of VisitOctober
Darla The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

Neat and Clean Sites

We stayed here for one night on our way South. Sites are very neat and clean. Nice lake with swimming area on property. We had a good stay.

• Sourrounding area
  • Trail on property
  • Near the Campground
Kayla S.
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

Great location

Right off the highway and very well maintained! Very friendly owners and can accommodate so many RVs!

Month of VisitOctober
bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2021

Living grounds

This place could be absolutely beautiful. Grounds are maintained. Plenty of camping spots, fire pits and tables. There are two sets of bathrooms with electricity and fans. Cold showers in one however there was no light or lock in the shower so my boyfriend had to be in there with me. Tennessee…

h
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Great place

Great place for camping on the river!! Clean and friendly. Kayak and canoe rentals on site.

Site9 and 10 cabin
N
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Nice place

This is a nice place with a small pool and a catch and release pond. Laundry area and showers. Propane and fire wood available. Friendly staff. 10/10

A
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2021

Great campsite

Had to call to book a reservations since we wanted to book same day. The woman on the phone was the sweetest person and was so helpful.

Campground is quiet and back off the main road. We did car camping, just FYI.

Will say make sure you download the map before you head in. There isn’t cell…

SiteCamp 2 - Campsite 9
Christopher  B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2021

Nice tent site on the TN River

Site 1 was on it own little peninsula with cypress tree, flat ground, and nice views. The whole primitive/tent campground was nice, with all site being on or viewing the water. Clean and nice to walk around. The primitive section js also the boat ramp area and doesn’t have running water facilities

SiteSpring Creek 1
Chip K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2021

Great one nighter!

This is a no frills campground but it's great as a 1-nighter coming to or from the gulf coast. Accepts Passport America discount making the price just right. Sites are perfectly level, utilities all work great. Most sites are pull through and long enough to park without unhooking, even with longer…

Tammy M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2021

Perfection!!

This was my first time at Chickasaw but it won’t be my last! Beautiful location, extremely friendly staff. Locals were kind, welcoming, and helpful. I spent one night here on my way south. My stay was peaceful, tranquil, and restorative. The campsite was amazing. Dazzled me with a perfect lakeside…

J
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Beautiful Park

it was great! there was quite a few people around but they had hot showers if you knew where to look and everyone was friendly. it’s a bigger place than i thought and i wish i chose more carefully where to put my tent.

gaetan S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Easy stay

Nice state campground we arrive for one night and that was just about right there’s several trails around the lake you can go boating in the lake with the kayak if you wish though there’s paddle boats for rent camp pads are pretty large depending what you get we stayed in 97 which was pretty great…

Nikki W.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Good campground

We came in late and they told us to just find an empty spot. Staff were great. Only thing I did not like was the swimming area. Full of Goose poo.

E
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Quiet and peaceful

Even though my campsite was between the bathhouse and the playground (tent area 93) it was a peaceful stay. Would stay again but maybe not that .

SiteTent 93