Greenwood , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Greenwood Camping Reviews
Great Campground, Quiet, and Friendly

Spent Thanksgiving here as a way to just have a quiet relaxing time.

A lot of people pull in for the night since it's right off the highway and behind a Pilot/Flying J, but it was still quiet.

Got to chat at length with the owner and you can tell he cares about the property.

Will stay again when I'm in the area.

Nice Campground

I stayed here with my husband and two friends and we loved it. We planned to hike at Cummins Falls State Park so the campground was in a great location. Only having to drive a minute was fantastic. The bathhouse was clean and the showers were the nicest I've ever used. Single walk in showers with plenty of room. Only slight negative is at the tent campground, many of the sites were very close together. The weekend we stayed they were fully booked and we had site 31. Once everyone got in, it was a little noisy but nothing horrible. The campground is very nice though and would definitely stay again.

Nice clean campground, despite its popularity!

I made my reservation on the Recreation.gov app. Showed up at 2am and got in the gate without a hitch; the system worked well. Nice campground, nice sites, lots of folks out as it’s spring break. Despite the crowds, the restroom/bathhouse was clean and in good order. Got up and took a walk around the park in the morning and I was really impressed. I highly recommend this campground, especially if you’re into playing in the water.

Very well maintained

This campground is great! They remodeled it last year and updated the campground. The campground itself borders the duck river and is absolutely stunning. The hiking trails are well maintained so hiking to the three waterfall's inside the park is a mild hike. All the park rangers we encountered were very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this state park and will be returning in the near future.

Great Weekend

This campground was fantastic. Our family has been in search of a campground close to home where we can spend several weekends each year and this may be it. The sites are spacious, the campground is clean, the bathhouses were VERY clean, and the hosts were friendly and helpful. The only thing keeping this from being 5 stars is the park itself which is nice, but small. We did a nice 4 mile hike around the whole park, but when we’re hiking we love to get out away from everyone and everything. It felt like we were in earshot of the campground the entire hike.

We’ll DEFINITELY be returning to this campground.

Great Night Sleep

Great December sleep in go as we headed south. Clean campground and beautiful scenery…will return outside winter season.

Love the Platform sites

We love the platform sites that are so spacious and private. Easy access to dump station and bath houses. Almost all sites have view of water. It was very peaceful and quiet. It is very affordable especially for state employees. We will return.

Amazing Spot

This is such a great spot. Affordable, walking distance to town and yet the grounds make you feel like you’re in a park far away from everything. Beautiful pines on property and lots of local hiking nearby. It’s January, so quiet season. I am able to walk my dog over the few acres and really enjoy the property, the creek (Barren Fork) & wildlife. Mickey is the guy, if you need anything. He and his electrician really went above and beyond to get me set up. These are good people. And this place rocks. Can’t wait for kayak season.

Great experience in the primitive camping area.

Loved it. Great spot. Plenty of space. Friendly staff.

Quick stopover

November 16, 2020 We arrived after dark, and left fairly early the next morning so didn’t spend a lot of time there. Went for a short walk before we left in the morning. Parking sites are on wooden platforms which was fine for our Winnebago Revel, but a bit weird for my daughter who was sleeping in a tent, but it all worked out fine. The only amenities we used were the dump station and restrooms. Restrooms were clean and heated.

Beautiful lake and limestone formations but that’s about all we saw of the park.