Lake View, SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Lake View Camping Reviews
Great experience!

I have loved staying at swamp fox camp ground. We stayed for a few months and have adored all the people here. Especially the ones who work here. Always kept clean and friendly.

Nice sized campground on the ocean

We went off season - October 2019 - and while the park still had a lot of people there were plenty of sites empty. Since it was off season the camp store and shuttle service was not open. Sites are tight by the beach and because of the dunes you don't get a view. But you were within a very short walk to the beautiful big clean beach and could hear the waves crashing. We only have a 24 foot motor home - so we felt a bit claustrophobic between the huge RVs on all sides of us. We decided to move to a different site that gave is some more room and not sandwiched in between other campers. it wasn't at the beach area - but we did not mind the walk - and we also had bikes to get around. The staff and maintenance did a great job. The grounds are clean and the staff very friendly when we arrived early and let us check in early and the a day later to let us move to another site.

Good Location for Economy Minded

We stayed here for 2 weeks in September 2019. We don’t have kids, so we didn’t need amenities to entertain them. There is no pool, or playground, but there is a large area to walk your pets. Yes, they are PET FRIENDLY.
It’s not a large RV campground, with only 34 back-in sites. You do have FULL HOOKUPS. The owner is very friendly and is easy to work with. He keeps the grounds neat and the showers and restrooms clean. You are only 10 minutes to Sunset Beach and Ocean Isle Beach. Also, North Myrtle Beach is only 25 minutes away. They close December 15th, until sometime in spring.
If you are just trying to get a place in the area and don’t need a lot of campground amenities, I would recommend this place to you. We’ll definitely be going back.

Great Value and Amenities

This is a great place to camp at the beach. Yes it is not beachfront and you do have about 300-400 yards to go to get to the beach, but is that really worth the extra $40-60 per night in fees. The sites were all well kept and shady. Some sites are tight for Big Rigs but ours was perfect for our 40' 5er. You will read others complain about the airline noise, yes the campground is on the flight path, but, so are another 2 campgrounds that charge about double what the state park does. The airlines never really bothered us during our stay as we were up and doing something from daylight to dark. I will definitely be coming back here.

Great little place

Nothing to do here but camp and enjoy the day. They will have a beautiful when it fills up. Good hiking trails

Amazing vacation

Best RV Resort we’ve been to so far. Large lots with nice long pull through, clean and quiet with a friendly staff. Amenities included nice swimming pool and hot tub. Volleyball net and basketball hoop on each end of pool. Shuffleboard, corn hole, sand volleyball. Game room had a pool table, ping pong table, air hockey. Books galore to borrow, DVDs if you have a player which we don’t, but we don’t camp to watch TV. Store had a puzzle you could spend time working on and a checkerboard with rocking chairs to just hang out in. The lake beach was closed for the season when we went but the inflatables looked like they would have been fun! Mile long paved path around the lake was great for walking or biking. Catch and release fishing too. Had a mix of annuals, short term campers and on the other side of the lake they had nice cabins and a small park model village. Exercise room and a nice clean laundry room. Bath house was 8 individual doors to full individual bathrooms of toilet sink and shower which were kept very clean. Cherry Grove beach was only 15 minutes or so away and there was a Food Lion less than 10 minutes for grocery shopping needs. Resort store had reasonable prices for ice and wood to burn in the fire pit. Only negatives which weren’t a big deal was nothing can be strapped to trees… aka no laundry line or hammock attached to the trees and no tents allowed. We will go back! Wish it was closer to home.

Lovely little campground on the river

We used this campground as a stopping point after a trip to Fantasy Lake Water Park.  It's secluded, small, cute, and located right on the Lumber River.

Our particular site, PA 7, is one of two right on the river's edge, across from the Naked Landing trail.  Sites 7 & 8 would be perfect for two families to camp together, because they'd have the whole trail area to themselves.  These sites have a bit of hike-in required, in that you can't drive up to them (see my uploaded photo of where the parking lot is in relation to the sites).

There is a vault toilet near the parking lot ("that's gonna be a no from me, dog") but an actual restroom facility across the parking lot.

Each of the sites has its own trash can, and a ranger comes by in the morning to empty it.

The river is nice to swim in after a hot summer's day, although the bottom is quite squishy.  It's a good area to fish or use small watercraft.

We slept in hammocks and were awoken at dawn by a cacophony of juvenile barred owls directly above us.

Ranger Review: Morsel Spork at Myrtle Beach State Park

Campground Review:

Do you love people? Do you love the ocean? Do you love airplanes?

Then Myrtle Beach State Park is for you!

It's a great park--it's got lots of campsites, a beautiful beach, and amenities like a playground, a nature center with educational programs, and a fishing pier.

The campground is well-staffed with rangers, hosts, and volunteers.  The bathrooms are large and clean. (Hand soap is provided but there are no paper towels, just blowers). The campgrounds are well-maintained and tidy.  The trash and recycling stations are conveniently located.

The campground, particularly site 171, is directly under the flight path for planes departing from Myrtle Beach International Airport.  The flights start around 6 am and go until 11 pm or so.  The planes haven't gotten much altitude before they are roaring above your tent, hammock, or camper!

Sites are close together and there is little to no privacy.  Site 171, however, seemed to be the best one for tents, with a deep and wide site and a few trees--enough to hang our 4 hammocks.

Quiet hours were not enforced and traffic noise is easily heard, especially fire truck and police car sirens well into the night and early morning.  The park staff raced past our site frequently on tractors and golf carts once it was after 7 am.

Mosquitoes are in full force here.  The county had sprayed for them the night before we arrived.  Maybe they don't spray the tent sites, but the mosquitoes were insane.  Bring plenty of spray, wipes, and one of those bug zapper tennis rackets.  You will definitely need protection!  The camp store sells mosquito spray for twice as much as it costs across the street at Walmart.

Also, the raccoons were at our site both nights.  They are fearless and hungry.  Lock up your food, your coolers, and your trash.  They do know how to open up latches!!!

Bring a bike and/or a beach cart to get around and transport your stuff to the beach for the day.  The campground is about 300 yards from the beach and it's so nice, you'll want to spend the whole day there, then go out at night to look for creatures and enjoy the ocean breeze.

--------------------

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time- today I am testing the Morsel Spork (mini and XL).

I was pleasantly surprised at the comfort of using the Sporks.  I was worried they'd be awkward and unwieldy, but the creators put thought into how they are being held by the eater.  My thumb rested nicely in a groove near the top of the utensil.  The rubbery edge worked as intended to completely scrape the sides of the bowl, but an added bonus was that the rubber made the spoon edges soft where it met the skin of my mouth.

The spoon holds much more (cereal and beans, in our case) than it looks like it would.  The fork works, but I'd like thinner tines to better stab food items.  The serrated edge?  Well, it crushes rather than cuts.

I love the different colors and unique shape of the Spork(s).  They will be going on every camping trip with us.  They are easy to tell which fork is whose, and won't be lost in the cutlery shuffle when we're camping with a group of friends.  They're good for kids and adults!

A great campsite!

A great campsite! We had a fantastic time last week! We also had the privelidge of having the park COMPLETELY to ourselves…the ranger confirmed that we were the only campers that night!

A beautiful site, we only wished that we could stay longer.

Wonderful

Beautiful campground. Lovely ocean beach, fishing pier, and playground. Very clean, wonderful staff.

Loved it!

I visit White lake every year for vacation but this year we decided to add in a camping trip. We decided to check out Camp Clearwater. I did read bad reviews here & there but I wanted to give them a shot. And I’m glad I did! I had such an amazing experience here! Everyone was so nice and down to earth! I will definitely be back!😊

The friendliest and family oriented

I have never been to a campground that's all about family,but this place is all about keeping your family happy, So many free activities to keep you busy,clean and never overcrowded

Right near the beach

Very busy, crowded but inexpensive access to Myrtle Beach tourist attractions. Lots of restaurants, shopping and events nearby

Loved it

Very nice campground and park! Short walk to the beach. Big clean bathrooms with showers. Camp store employees were super nice. Camp sites were spacious and some on the outside ring were very secluded.

Put it on your list

Clean, quiet, and affordable. Pool, laundry, pond, full hookups. Friendly staff. Save this site

A great place out in the country

Close to NC and SC beaches. Has a pool and bathhouse. Has wine tasting on the premises along with a vineyard. Has electricity, water and dump at each site. Wonderful owners that are very helpful. We’ve stayed here many times and have enjoyed it every time.

Clean

Our first ever camping site. Lots of activities that were fun from tie dye to movies to talent night. Fun! Only downside for us was being in downtown MB with all the traffic. Clean. Great staff. Not on beach but within a very short drive.

The best!

We had an absolutely amazing time! Tons of activities for the kids and adults! Nice clean bath houses, paved roads all the way through and the sites we're great!

Great time!

We got there early, since no one was on the site we reserved they let us in. Nice size site. Clean restrooms. Short walk to the ocean. All staff and visitors were friendly. A must to put on o=your camping schedule

Well equipped - a little for everyone - close to several beaches!

Brunswick Beach Camping Resort is easily found - just off highway 17 in Sunset Beach NC.  This campground has RV sites, tent sites and even little cabins.

As you pull off the road, it is set far from the road - which we liked!  This made for quieter nights without being able to hear passing traffic on the road.  You pass by the tobacco field on the right and pull into the campground.  This road is very skinny and I had to pull off several times to let a car pass.  As I pulled in there was a store immediately to my right where i went in to register.

I could see the swimming pool, volleyball court and horseshoes from just outside the store.  As I walked around the store, i noticed the laundry room and a bathroom attached to the back.

I like some of the scenery out back - a bit of water - some trees.  Yet there were many RV's and the sites were so close together.  Many activities for our kids - yet not one where we would be able to spread out and let them be free without worrying we were disturbing someone.

We had great cell phone service and free wifi while here - so if that is something you are looking for - look no further!  The little store sells a bit of everything you might need - and grocery stores are located within a few minutes down the road.

Small campground near sunset beach

Wishing Well campground is located off Sunset Beach in NC. It is a smaller campground, and much of the shared ground is a storage facility for boats and RV's that are not in use.  There are about 10 or 15 RV sites in the loop and the bathhouse is at the back of the loop.  Behind the bathhouse are about 10 tent sites, with electricity at most.  It was nice that the picnic tables were covered in the back of the property - yet the approach from the road, and the initial entraceway would turn some people away from this campground.

The people (and owners) were very friendly and I did like the privacy that this campground held.  It was close enough to easily drive to the beach, without being in the middle of craziness.

The bathhouse - very clean - but dated.  The showers were small - changing areas were provided, which was nice.  This is a nice campground - and very affordable!

Not overly impressed

Unsure how we felt about this place had to walk so far to get to anything

Always a blast

Bring your ATV AND LET LOOSE!!!

Great location and amenities!

This campground is in a great location. Just 3 blocks from the beach. They have a shuttle that runs every hour. We chose to rent a golf cart while we were there which you are allowed to take outside of the campground. You just have to stay on roads that are 35mph and under. We really enjoyed cruising around and to the beach on it.

All of the other popular attractions are super close by. The longest drive we had to get to anything was 10 mins.

They also have a great pool, splash pad, jumping pillow, playground, and other scheduled kids activites. In addition there is a amphitheater where they have live music on certain nights. Another fun surprise was that they have free pancakes every morning from 9am-10am in the seating area by their small restaurant.

We stayed in a deluxe patio site which was great. Especially with the rain storms that are inevitable at the beach. Someone else in our party was at a full hookup back in site, and it got pretty swampy with the rain in those sites. The deluxe patio site came with a fire ring with two chairs, a small table with 2 chairs, and a Weber grill to use, which was nice so we didn’t have to dirty ours.

The ground were well maintained, and even during the rain storms you would always see groundskeepers hard at work.

They are currently working on updating some of the cabins, and freshening up paint and such around the campground. I am excited to see how it looks the next we go.

I would highly recommend staying here for your Myrtle Beach vacation.

Owners are mean

I loved the campground itself. It was quiet, small, no activities tho and clean. But the only interaction the male owner had w me, is he yelled at me twice. Once my dog got out of camper by accident and I immediately picked him up and apologized. The woman (Cathy) owner was nice and all was forgiven. But the male owner couldn’t realize it was an accident and my dog was out for less then 2 sec. I immediately got him and put him in rv. Every time the man came around.. he never looked friendly or happy. Always w a frown and grumpy. The next time, my autistic grandson went into the bathroom and he broke the toilet dispenser.. instead of us not saying anything and let them discover it, I felt it was a Christian thing to do is admit he did it and offer to pay for it… even tho the company who supplies that dispenser gives them away free w the toilet paper order (my husband works w same company at his job and knows them well) the man proceeded to yell at me. Then threatened to call the cops to have us removed… I asked Why? Cuz we offered to pay for something our grandchild broke? The man is crazy and would NEVER come here again. Accidents happen, and it was probably something wrong w dispenser in the first place… who knows, but he is not a people person AT ALL!

Had a great time

Located on the beach, staff was very helpful and friendly.

They have a large pier for fishing located in the campground and if you are staying there they will provide tickets so you can use the pier.

Great Campground

Beautiful campground. Professional staff and spacious campsites.

Simple Lakeside Life

While it's not the most exciting camping, Jone's Lake offers the simple necessities along with quick access to the lake. Hiking in the area is pretty flat though so don't go in expecting much of a challenge.

Small cozy site

Only about 25 or so sites. All with water and electric hookups. Per did not work at our site so we had to move from our great lake view site to one next to the bath house. Hiking trails not do good

Very nice

WE camped here in 2018 winter and had a very good time.  Other than February and if you are older than 55 or so you must move out after 2 weeks and sometimes if enough sites you can move to another site.  In February they allow 4 weeks stay.  Some sites are very level and some not so much, some smaller and some bigger.  Pretty nice staff at the store and check in.  The beach is gorgeous and a walk from campsites.  Lots of great restaurants down the road and across the street is the Brookgreen Gardens which is a wonderful place to walk around and admire the plantings,  there is wildlife area and you can take a ride up the river and see how life was back in the day.  WONDERFUL place.