The best WALK IN camping near
Estill , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Estill Camping Reviews
Pleasant and relaxing

Quiet campground, mostly RVs but nice spots for tent camping! Electric and water hookups for all sites, and they sell firewood and ice on site as well (on an honors system after the office closes). Nice pond with boardwalk in the center of the campground, and lots of space for dog walking. Very clean restrooms. Close to Hunting Island. We loved Superior Coffee for coffee and breakfast, and Shrimp Shack for lunch. Had a great time with our two dogs on their first camping trip! We are local to Beaufort and will definitely be back.

Great Camp Ground

Family always enjoys this campground! Beautiful spot, historic and the staff is wonderful.

My standard

I've been to several different campgrounds since I started camping with my son about 6 years ago. This is the campground I compare them all to. We visit every summer. Never have a problem with reserving a site. They don't charge me until I arrive. It's never been crowded or dirty or unpleasant ( even when it rained!). It's nothing fancy…no spa, no pool, no tacky store. But it's easy to find, has a lovely boardwalk running through it, and is less than 3 miles from a well preserved revolutionary war fort, secret beach, and some of the best oysters and shrimp I have ever, ever eaten ( and since I'm a sous chef that is saying a lot!). It's surrounded by oaks and history, and huge tomato farms. It's, to me, everything good about a summer getaway!! Can't wait to go back!!

Easy stop over

Easy stop over for a night or two. Right off of I95. Next to a major road, so there is car/truck noise during the day. None of the sites are private, so I wouldn’t call this a “destination” campground. Great if you want to fish and kayak the Edisto River!

The bathrooms are very clean and air conditioned. Sites are all very clean with power, water, picnic table, and fire ring. There are nicely spaced out trees, so if you have a hammock, bring it. Didn’t have mosquito issues, but beware there are a lot of ants and they bite!!

Best sites are 6, 8, and 9. We camped in site 10.

Colleton State Park

We enjoyed this nice quiet state park.

Wonderful Campground and Park

We camped here back in the spring. Hiked, paddle boated, saw some gators, got some nice photos. Sites were clean, well laid out. It was a fun weekend. Staff was friendly.

Beautiful property. I would recommend. I would come back.

The best time 😊

We visited in May 2020. We enjoyed it so much, we returned 3 weeks later. It is like visiting a well kept farm. Loved the horses, goats, lakes and pool. Leslie was very helpful. She remembered to offer me my favorite site when it opened up! Thank you 💜

Small but beautiful

We stayed at Magnolia Springs over Halloween weekend 2019. The park had several great activities for kids, including trick or treating and a hayride to take the kids from site to site. We were on site 1 (right on the corner) and had a view of the lake across the street.

The playground was nice, bath house well kept and not far from the site, and plenty of area for bike riding (not too many hills for the kids). I preferred a wide open site for this trip (due to trick or treating/ site decorating contest) but several had good shade, privacy, and a closer view of the lake.

The museum is fascinating (it’s locked, you pay entry at the front office and they give you a key).

Great for groups, pets and kids

Had a great time with friends at Tuck in the Woods. We were 12 adults, 3 kids, and 4 dogs and fit in 2 campsites with lots of room to spare. Staff were great. Bath house was clean and showers were perfect after a day at the beach. We’ll definitely be back!