Camping in Tuscarora Beach

64 Reviews of 22 Tuscarora Beach, North Carolina Campgrounds

R
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Camper reunion

A few of my friends and I try to camp every autumn, and this private campground was perfect! The owners were very welcoming and do their best to work diligently to upkeep their farm and all their campers needs.

• campsite overview.
  • the end of cypress trial
  • bathroom trail

Month of VisitNovember
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Lovely shady spot

A great nights sleep. Lovely setting, shady and quiet. Bathrooms were brand new, showers were clean & HOT. Coin laundry available. They are in the process of adding another bathroom/shower building so only running at half capacity when we visited. Lots of fun activities for families!

SiteC something
Mark N.
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

It's A Swamp

This park was great but do recognize that is a true swamp. Alligators included. The water there does not move therefore is not recommended for filtering for consumption. The campsights are pretty close together so don't expect privacy on a busy weekend. The scenery is TOP KNOTCH! Absolutely…

• from the water access point of campsite 4
SiteCanoe in site 4
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Great In-Transit Spot Right Near I-95

Great service, price, and campground - stayed here on an in-transit night and was really happy with the forested feel, well maintained spot, and space. Will definitely be back!

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Wonderful and peaceful trip!

What a great camp! A small family farm with 5 sites around the property. We chose site 2 for our family of three and a dog and it was the perfect size. The hosts were so friendly, and we were able to walk around and see the chicken coop, small lake, and barnyard with goats and geese. The campsites…

• Stroll through cypress grove!
SiteSite 2
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2021

Third Consecutive Year

This was our third year staying at this campground which is about three hours from our home. The access to the Outer Banks was awesome as always. This time we kayaked on the nearby scuppernong River. The swampy trip did not disappoint with wildlife or fishing. The swimming area is still closed on…

Stirling C.
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2021

Beautiful campground with some short distance trails along Phelps Lake

We camped in the State campground at Pettigrew State Park. It is a small campground with just a few camp sites. We usually overnight there on the way to the NPS campgrounds on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, though it is nice enough to justify a stay if you find yourself in the area. We visited…

Month of VisitApril
todd B.
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2021

Awesome canoe camping

My group and I stayed at the Benett’s creek high ground primitive camp sites 1-3. It was a 4.5 mile paddle to the site, then roughly 1.5 down to the dock with a staged vehicle. The only complaint is the houses near the sites had a dog that barked all night. Super annoying.

Sally S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2021

Happy to have found this place

This is the perfect place to jump off 95 and spend a night. Easy in, flat sites and clean well lit bathhouse. And! We were able to take a site at 1am.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2021

Pretty nice campground surrounding a couple of small lakes

We had a personal guide to show us the location of our campsite. Campsites had wood decks which would be nice in warmer weather. Close to highway but reasonably quiet at night

Month of VisitMarch
todd B.
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2021

Nudest resort

Called to reserve and found out this is a nudest resort. Members only due to COVID, needless to say I’m not a member.

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2021

Ideal

Conveniently right off of I-95. Off enough so there isn’t any highway noise. Beautiful facilities. Including concrete slabs to park on. Don’t expect any shade, there are no trees. With exception of around the parameter. I would defiantly stop here again for an overnight.

Jennifer R.
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2020

Wouldn't Come Back

Wet wood. Really wet. Most sites were kind of crap. Either wide open with mushy pull- ins or un-even. There were a few that were great. #3 #1 and #6 were our favs. Was not communicated that you would need exact change for wood since the facilities were closed and there is no camp host. You have to…

Ryan D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2020

Great Time, and Great Service

This was my first trip in my new travel trailer. What a great experience. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Sites were well organized and easy to access. The pull through spot really helped on my first adventure. Hook ups were clean, and easily accessible. I have no complaints or gripes with…

Month of VisitDecember