The best RV SITES camping near
Star , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Star Camping Reviews
Cute place. Interesting Spots.

Cute place. Interesting stays. Glamping tent, a bus, a tent pad, a few tiny cabins and more. Owners are nice and very accommodating. Shared gas fire area. It was a very cold night and they had our tent with heated blankets. It was definitely a Unique glamping area.

Beautiful but noisy at night

We stayed in Loop B and it was the loveliest lakeside campsite, nice level spot for our very large tent and a private sandy beach just below the site. This was especially nice over the summer because the public beaches were closed due to COVID.

This would have been one of my favorite campsites if it weren't for the noise. Some people were fishing on the lake between 1-3am just off our campsite, being really loud and shining a large flashlight over our site. We didn't sleep very much. I'm going to assume this was a fluke and give this campsite another shot because the beach is so nice.

Peaceful and quiet

Phenomenal experience

Great getaway

I have stayed here multiple times. I really love setting up on the water sites and having my kayak and fishing gear ready to go. The golf course is excellent and price friendly. Easy to get to nearby towns if one chooses to get to civilization.

Wonderful and Serene Campground

This is a beautiful, family owned campground. Grounds are impeccable and well maintained, customer service was above and beyond. There really isn’t a bad site in the place. Only downside- it’s off a main highway and we did hear a good amount of traffic noise throughout our stay.

Excellent Campground

Awesome location, very remote and the sites are Huge so no need to worry about a neighbor being close. I stayed at site 11 easy access to the water and great views. Lost of fishing and hiking paths close by. Great camp overall. Highly recommend.

Quiet, small lakeside campground

Stayed one night in site 002. which had hookups (water/ electric) but no lake view. Beautiful small campground, very quiet. Lakeside campsites didn't have electric but were beautiful, would be worth trying to book. I like lots of privacy, site 2 had a lot of privacy, site 1 probably had the most of any I saw. Very nice check-in person at the gate, very helpful.

Nice sites

The tent sites nice and clean and level. The host drove through many many times in the 3 days I was there. Bathrooms are what you can expect from a state park clean with little bugs here and there but nothing you can do about that in the middle of the woods. Overall great place good four-wheeling and nice accommodations

Canebrake Horse Camp

Canebrake Horse Camp has 28 sites with parking spurs for horse trailers. Four of these sites are double camp sites. Each site has a picnic table, grill, fire ring, lantern post, tie posts, tack tables, and electrical hookups. Up to two vehicles are allowed at each site.