The best WALK IN camping near
Red Oak , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Red Oak Camping Reviews
Nice, roomy, heavily wooded sites

Nice Corp Park

A one night stopover on our trip to the east coast. We stayed in a nice shaded spot B51 and other than it rained for 24 hours we did enjoy it. Lots to see and do here around the water.

Beautiful, Convient, Serene with an amazing staff!

I have been at this camp ground for nearly two weeks. Every Ranger and employee I’ve interacted with has been amazingly professional and nice. The facilities are kept in pristine shape regarding cleanliness and upkeep. The campers have all been friendly and welcoming. If you’re looking for a close getaway in the Raleigh area, this is the place to go!!

Excellent

Great clean sites, marina, access to lake. Everything you need.

Great little spot outside the city!

Good People !

Nice but noisy

Right off the highway. Campground up against i95 so traffic noise constantly. Site was nice but they can really pack them in. Not a lot of real estate around you. Nice big lake along campground. Seems like a lot of folks just stop for the night. Nothing walking distance for food or gas. Next exit away.

Be prepared to level your camper

1st time at Lake Gaston Americamps campground. The staff is awesome. Everyone was helpful, polite, friendly and made you feel welcomed. Need firewood, no problem. The fee is only $5 / bundle, which is below average for this area, and they will deliver it to your site. Have trash, simply place your bag by your site and they will pick it up. The bathhouse is very nice. Large showers, and clean. The swimming pool is great. Mini-golf, playground for the kids and lots of planned activities. Really enjoyed the stay here. Now for the complaints: most sites are 30 amp and are unlevel. Some are a challenge to get your unit level. That's it, the rest was all good.

Get place to get away

Not far from the Roanoke River and right around the corner from Halifax, this spot is perfect for getting away from it all. Walking trails along the mountainside with small bridges over a creek offer a scenic view. Gazebo with grills and bathrooms are located a small walk from the tent sites.

Beautiful water, a little cramped

Great safe spot for tubing, fishing, hammocking, swimming. Water felt great. Gorgeous sunset. Campsites are closely sandwiched between each other and since there's not a lot of tree cover I felt like I was sharing a campsite with 20 other people! Ranger drove by at least 3x a day but kept a distance. Bathrooms were nasty. I think I'd come back to Kerr Lake but not this campground.