The best GROUP camping near
Polkton , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Polkton Camping Reviews
Peaceful and quiet

Great getaway

I have stayed here multiple times. I really love setting up on the water sites and having my kayak and fishing gear ready to go. The golf course is excellent and price friendly. Easy to get to nearby towns if one chooses to get to civilization.

Nice spot with lots of space

Great spot there’s some open areas to camp before you get to the water. You need a truck or something big to get down to the water unless the re-did the road. There’s a few campsites surrounded by trees but also a large open area that can hold multiple vehicles

Excellent Campground

Awesome location, very remote and the sites are Huge so no need to worry about a neighbor being close. I stayed at site 11 easy access to the water and great views. Lost of fishing and hiking paths close by. Great camp overall. Highly recommend.

Love this place.

Very close to my home. I hike in to the remote campsite on the lake. Lots of fishermen and trash since the scum can’t seem to pick up after themselves. The cabins here are also great. Clean and nice location. I would suggest the overlook cabin. I generally tent camp and the Point, not many know of this location as it’s a decent hike in. Great place.

Nice sites

The tent sites nice and clean and level. The host drove through many many times in the 3 days I was there. Bathrooms are what you can expect from a state park clean with little bugs here and there but nothing you can do about that in the middle of the woods. Overall great place good four-wheeling and nice accommodations

Charlotte Convienance

We were passing through for a trade show and picked the spot as it was 15 min from our event. Great place. Clean, well designed and maintained. The adjacent amusement park is closed due to Covid but i bet it is a blast to stay here when it is open. Wooded perimeter so you feel you are away from the city. Drawbacks: very few- we were invaded by ants but they came and went( could happen anywhere), the roads between the sites we a bit tight- it did not effect us as the park was not full but it could be a problem in peak season.

May become a $10 fee soon

There is a gate that opens during hunting season which adds more camping sites, but the only pit toilet is at the entrance.  Heavy rains flood several of the sites. Many people come just to hike the trails that cross nearby, there are more cars than campers.

Now $10 per night

The price has increased this year from $5 to $10 even though they have made no improvements.  Pit toilets are looked at daily and stocked with toilet paper.

Hunt camp

This camp site is only open during hunting season