The best RV SITES camping near
Plain View , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Plain View Camping Reviews
Phenomenal experience

Great experience for first time!

Very new to tow behind trailer camping. Camp site was awesome! This is the place for tranquility! Very quiet, would have thought we were the only ones there. Site has a little over two dozen spots. Well kept and maintained, really clean bathroom. Gravel slab for parking, concrete slab for picnic area, fire place, and close to Walmart for supplies. They also fill propane and sell fire wood! Would stay there again.

I made reservations for this campground by calling the week before. When asked what I’d be camping in, I clearly explained to the person taking the reservation that I had a 1989 VW Vanagon. No problem. Camp site booked!

When I actually got to the campground the following Monday, I went in to check in. I was happy because the campground looked so nice, and clean. It was back in the woods, very quiet and peaceful.

Upon check in, I was first told that I “had a boat, and didn’t disclose when I made the reservation”. I explained I did not have a boat, and the one pulling up outside the door was not mine. That taken care of, I was then asked where my van was. I explained it was parked right beside the check in cabin in the driveway. I then found out that the campground “doesn’t take that kind of camper-no tents, pop-ups” or other vehicles of the sort. I immediately started to panic a bit, considering it was getting late, and I wasn’t sure where I was going to go with my husband and two dogs. I explained that I did tell the person (when making the reservation) exactly what type of van I had, I was tersely told “she probably didn’t understand”. Fortunately, I was allowed in for the night, but the anxiety flash made the stay a bit less then perfect.

So, while the initial encounter was stressful, I am able to say that the campground is very nice. The dogs got a long walk around the area. The other campers were friendly. We had a fire in the evening, and it was very quiet. The campground host (not the same person as the check in person) gave our dogs some treats, and complimented our  van. The bathrooms (shower included) were very nice as clean, but I could see how the campground might not be able to accommodate large groups of pop-up/tent campers due to a limited number of available bathrooms.

I recommend this campground to anyone with a class A, B, C, trailer or fifth wheel RV that is self contained-meaning you have a bathroom. Otherwise, I’d find somewhere else to stay.

Quiet, small lakeside campground

Stayed one night in site 002. which had hookups (water/ electric) but no lake view. Beautiful small campground, very quiet. Lakeside campsites didn't have electric but were beautiful, would be worth trying to book. I like lots of privacy, site 2 had a lot of privacy, site 1 probably had the most of any I saw. Very nice check-in person at the gate, very helpful.

Nice but noisy

Right off the highway. Campground up against i95 so traffic noise constantly. Site was nice but they can really pack them in. Not a lot of real estate around you. Nice big lake along campground. Seems like a lot of folks just stop for the night. Nothing walking distance for food or gas. Next exit away.

Fun, no frills state park

We enjoy this campground because it is so close to home. It's pretty basic. The bath houses need updating. Most sites are well spaced and there are plenty of shade trees. Sites on the water are really great but you can usually find a path to the water even if you aren't waterfront. (Beaches have been closed during COVID however, you can still access water from campsites.) Some little hiking trails are between loops.

Easy!

Pulled in for a night. Clean and level. Kind staff. Easy to find. Great place to stop if you are passing through!

Peaceful and spacious

Plenty of wooded space between camp sites, good for pets or families who aren’t looking to have a neighbor.

Friendly and helpful in a time of need

We came here the day we sold our house in Fayettville. Covit19 had just hit so the campground we had reserved fell through and couldn’t get tenants to leave because they were scared. We were in for a surprise, Fayetteville RV resorts welcomed us with open arms and put us under a long term clause so we couldn’t get thrown out if they shut everything down. 600 a month is more than reasonable for the area. The staff is super and they keep the camp ground top notch.

The bathrooms were immaculate. The Landry rooms were great, little expensive but I get it, they are high maintenance with all the visitors. The hiking trail had all kinds of wildlife and a small damn on it. We walked it every day for 2 months and it was great. All the neighbors in the long term area were like family. I loved this place! They will not disappoint!

Good park