Camping in Pendleton

46 Reviews of 9 Pendleton, North Carolina Campgrounds

Never Sitting S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Cute little city park

Overall very satisfied with this city park. Stayed in #6 which was very long and easy to pull through. About 200 yards from river, which is perfect for kayaking. Would stay here again if traveling through. No wifi nor cable, got three channels with antenna. Dish, T-Mobile and visible worked great.

Christopher A.
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Great getaway

The lakes are fun and we always have a great time. Some sites are amazing. Only 4 stars because of proximity to highway.

Sitef35
R
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Camper reunion

A few of my friends and I try to camp every autumn, and this private campground was perfect! The owners were very welcoming and do their best to work diligently to upkeep their farm and all their campers needs.

• campsite overview.
  • the end of cypress trial
  • bathroom trail

• Friends lead the way.
D
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Great place

This is a very good place to camp. Beach on lake as well as a pool. Very quiet with many full time residents. Most spots reserved for the summer.

Paul B.
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2021

Beautiful Place.

It's one of the most beautiful places I've stayed at. The snack bar and store is a bonus

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Wonderful and peaceful trip!

What a great camp! A small family farm with 5 sites around the property. We chose site 2 for our family of three and a dog and it was the perfect size. The hosts were so friendly, and we were able to walk around and see the chicken coop, small lake, and barnyard with goats and geese. The campsites…

• Stroll through cypress grove!
SiteSite 2
M
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2021

Great little NC State Park campground

This was our first time at Medoc Mountain State Park in Hollister, NC. There are bike trails, horse trails, and walking trails at this state park. When we went the trails were too wet for us to do but I understand that they are beautiful right along the creek. We were there with a group of…

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2021

Pretty nice campground surrounding a couple of small lakes

We had a personal guide to show us the location of our campsite. Campsites had wood decks which would be nice in warmer weather. Close to highway but reasonably quiet at night

Month of VisitMarch
Robert M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2020

Nice, quiet overnight stop

We are full time and were passing through and saw this on map. Friendly staff. Level sites with good size sites. Didn't venture out as temps dropped fast this day. Good stop for overnight. Also seems to have many who want to stay 4-5 months in this area. Has laundry, pool( closed for winter ). Will…

SiteC6
Month of VisitDecember
Barbara W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2020

Understated Gem

I admit to being uncertain when I made reservations here.  I had not seen any pictures of it or a camp map. What a great surprise. Phyllis was very attentive and accomodating. The grounds are immaculate, sites are level and very well designed for optimal privacy. This property has many…

• Edenton
E
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2020

Good People !

We where here mid week. The where very reasonably with all of our requests! Free late check out and such. Other campers were few and far between, seems to be a majority semi perm trailers. Lots of activities! Pool, Mini Golf, Game room, Amphitheater, Picnic area, Common Hall. Showers are nice and…

Cannon W.
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2020

Get place to get away

Not far from the Roanoke River and right around the corner from Halifax, this spot is perfect for getting away from it all. Walking trails along the mountainside with small bridges over a creek offer a scenic view. Gazebo with grills and bathrooms are located a small walk from the tent sites.

Toby K.
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2020

Inconsistent to website

So this was my first campground sadly and the experience was not what I hoped for. The Cheseapeake campgrounds website shows outdated pictures and does not show what the campground looks like currently.

The rules on the website are not followed. They're are campers that have hard piped black/gray…