Hoffman , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Hoffman Camping Reviews
Peaceful and quiet

Phenomenal experience

Great getaway

I have stayed here multiple times. I really love setting up on the water sites and having my kayak and fishing gear ready to go. The golf course is excellent and price friendly. Easy to get to nearby towns if one chooses to get to civilization.

Nice spot with lots of space

Great spot there’s some open areas to camp before you get to the water. You need a truck or something big to get down to the water unless the re-did the road. There’s a few campsites surrounded by trees but also a large open area that can hold multiple vehicles

Excellent Campground

Awesome location, very remote and the sites are Huge so no need to worry about a neighbor being close. I stayed at site 11 easy access to the water and great views. Lost of fishing and hiking paths close by. Great camp overall. Highly recommend.

A great place to get away!

This is a great place for quiet, no frills camping. There are 7 camping areas, 5 of which have camping shelters. Sites 3 & 4 only have picnic tables and trash barrels. All sites except for site 7 are easily accessible with most vehicles. Site 7's entryway was washed out and had some large holes that would benefit from higher clearance and 4WD.

We stayed in site 1B and had no issue finding a spot by the water in our 22' travel trailer. Sites are well dispersed and we only saw a few other campers all weekend. We will definitely stay here again.

Nice sites

The tent sites nice and clean and level. The host drove through many many times in the 3 days I was there. Bathrooms are what you can expect from a state park clean with little bugs here and there but nothing you can do about that in the middle of the woods. Overall great place good four-wheeling and nice accommodations

May become a $10 fee soon

There is a gate that opens during hunting season which adds more camping sites, but the only pit toilet is at the entrance.  Heavy rains flood several of the sites. Many people come just to hike the trails that cross nearby, there are more cars than campers.

Excellent camping for both RV and Tents

Morrow Mountain State Park is a family camping ground for all ages and has an in ground swimming pool plus a boat launch.  I enjoyed tent camping with my family and fishing on the lake.  There is a large public swimming pool and each camping area has toilet and shower facilities.  You can burn fire wood in pits and there are grills for charcoaling BBQs.  The highlight to a early morning wake up are having deer walking through your camping site.  There was a loud whipperwill sounding off with echoes coming from the hillsides.  It is a first come first serve and there is a small fee collected by a Park Ranger.

Friendly and helpful in a time of need

We came here the day we sold our house in Fayettville. Covit19 had just hit so the campground we had reserved fell through and couldn’t get tenants to leave because they were scared. We were in for a surprise, Fayetteville RV resorts welcomed us with open arms and put us under a long term clause so we couldn’t get thrown out if they shut everything down. 600 a month is more than reasonable for the area. The staff is super and they keep the camp ground top notch.

The bathrooms were immaculate. The Landry rooms were great, little expensive but I get it, they are high maintenance with all the visitors. The hiking trail had all kinds of wildlife and a small damn on it. We walked it every day for 2 months and it was great. All the neighbors in the long term area were like family. I loved this place! They will not disappoint!