Camping in Echo

81 Reviews of 14 Echo, North Carolina Campgrounds

Smol W.
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Didn't want to leave

This is one of our favorite campsites !! We almost didn't want to leave because of how beautiful this place is. The owners are incredible and extremely nice and kind hearted. I wish we could have stayed alot longer. But we will definitely be coming back! I highly suggest camping here! 🏕

Month of VisitOctober
Joe S.
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Awesome spot

Awesome place. Decently far off the main road so it's quiet. Probably the biggest spots to camp I've ever seen gives you the feel of basically being way off the beaten path. Also the lumber river access is ideal to kayak and fish. The park rangers and maintenance people were chill and friendly.…

Site5 and 6
GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

Quickstop overnight easy and as expected

Compared to other KOA locations I’ve stayed at along different interstates, I would definitely mark this as one of the more unique and special properties. You didn’t feel like you were sitting along the highway, as it actually had a quaint and well kept feel. The roads to and from the site could…

• KOA Lumberton, SC evening arrival
    Play button icon
Month of VisitOctober
T
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2021

Tent

I spent one night here, the hosts were great, the site itself is very relaxing, can walk up and pet the animals. The bathroom there compares with the bathroom at your house. Would give 6/5 if I could

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2021

Quiet, nice sites.

Booking is easy, and staff are very friendly. Most of the sites are in the center of a loop road. Sites 1 & 2 have power and are outside the loop. Site 1 is back in, 2 is pull thru. Sites 8 & 9 are outside the loop and the most “remote”, with 9 being more-so. The rest of the sites are in…

• inside the loop
Bryan H.
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Perfect state park!

This location is small but big on activities for you and your family , I’m going back again in the fall . Perfect getaway.

Month of VisitApril
j
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Love it!

Clean, friendly, plenty to do

K
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Awesome overnight

Lisa was super helpful! We arrived after 9pm (that 95 traffic!) and Lisa was there right away to direct us to the site. They made sure we were all set up and then checked on us again as we headed out at 7am. Definitely will stay again!

Siteby the farm house
Fred R.
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Passing thru

Nice place, open layout with a nice pool and great bath house. Right off interstate so there was some noise but not as bad as others. No potholes for trucks to hit all night.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2021

Hidden gem

Small, but really nice. A lot of sites right on the water. Lots of trees, really quiet. Nice boardwalk and nature trails nearby, with rental gear available.

Not much around the campground though. If you want peace and quiet, and don't need shopping or touristy stuff- this is for you.

(We…

• Cheraw campsite
EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Loved This Place!

Great place for family entertainment. Kids of 10, 8, and 5 and all had a blast. We stayed during a storm and the camp staff adjusted their events to focus on indoor entertainment for the families. Wonderful.

Laser Tag. Splash pad. Water slides. Indoor and outdoor pool. Playgrounds. Dog parks.…

• Water Slide
  • Ice Cream Shop
  • Nice Camp Store
Marie R.
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Very nice people

Lisa and Brian are very nice people. It's like down right home feeling. Only one problem there is a person that there that likes to start a lot of trouble and makes it seem like she's so innocent so beware other than that I had a wonderful time there

Claire O.
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Family Fun Camping!

This campground is perfect for families! Had a blast with all my young cousins participating in all the daily activities. Highlight of the trip was one of the bears Cindy riding around on a fire truck. Sites are very nice! Concert pads, full hook-ups. They even have family quad sites that seemed…

• Yogi Bear!
Tammie S.
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Hidden gem

Extra large and private campsites. One of the campsites has a hammock stand. The group site is huge. The whole park is very clean and spacious.

Makenzie T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 18, 2021

Clean, beautiful and river-accessible!

This was a great campground for a great price. There was a path walkable to the river, and each campsite was clean, had plenty of space on level ground to set up camp, a fire pit, and very clean toilet. I would definitely go back!

SiteC2