The best WALK IN camping near
Cisco , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Cisco Camping Reviews
Awesome canoe camping

My group and I stayed at the Benett’s creek high ground primitive camp sites 1-3. It was a 4.5 mile paddle to the site, then roughly 1.5 down to the dock with a staged vehicle. The only complaint is the houses near the sites had a dog that barked all night. Super annoying.

Humble quiet campground with lots of fun events!

We have have spent many weekends here over the last few years and love it! We attended their Super Bowl event there, the crawfish bowl and many more. The personal are wonderful and have 0 issues with our sites or anything else there.

Pros*

-Clean

-Military discount offered

-Pet friendly

-Seasonal and Non-Seasonal Spots

-Open all year round.

-Best campground around.

-Quiet location off Knotts Island.

-Ferry Available into Camden, NC (fits out bus and 37ft TT).

-Beach access with wonderful views.

Cons*

Found broken glass on the beach a few times. It was cleaned up and no issues since.

Very quiet spot in the woods

Very helpful and friendly owners that live just off the camp grounds if you need anything. I stayed in a spot nestled in the woods. Very quiet. Good spot for a night or two

Don’t consider going if your going to use a trolling motor

After seeing some of the pictures I decided to call them ask how bad all the algae and overgrowth was and was told it was pretty clear. That was not the case, if you don’t plan on paddling with a kayak or maybe a canoe don’t risk it. I was going to take a Jon boat with a trolling motor and there are countless limbs and the overgrowth is terrible you will not make it through. Not the place to consider going if you want to camp out and fish

Good People !

Great family campground

I have camped here many times throughout my childhood and adulthood. Miles of trails and so much to do. Always with clean sites and attentive staff

Inconsistent to website

So this was my first campground sadly and the experience was not what I hoped for. The Cheseapeake campgrounds website shows outdated pictures and does not show what the campground looks like currently.

The rules on the website are not followed. They're are campers that have hard piped black/gray water some that folks are living in are severally ran down. The website shows you can make reservations but they often don't seem like they are keeping a good track on people comings and goings.

Customer service depends on who your talking with some treat you very well and the older lady at the counter has 0 customer service skills. She is short rude and not interested in helping you.

The place is quite and pet friendly the 2 washers and dryers work well and are at a good price. The people at the campground seem nice and friendly.

If you can't handle huge large bugs that eat you alive stay away.

The country living and prices are the only reason I have 2 stars

Great family fun

This place was awesome! They have two swimming pools, golf, put put, nature trails, pavilions, Church on Sunday, nice pull through shaded sites, pond for fishing or paddle boats, I mean I can go on and on. The staff is amazing and polite. Prices are low. Only down side is the shower room. It needs to be updated but still very functional. Great place we will be going back soon!

Awesome place

Staff is friendly. Movie time in a drive in theatre atmosphere. Had a shrimp boil while we were there. Awesome RV sites right on the water. Kayaking is great. Lots of fishing. Ice cream and pizza place open in the evenings. All in all, love this place.

Nice local spot to get away to

Nice spot to get away for a few nights. Everyone was super chill & helpful.

If you dont have tons of gear & are just looking to get away, this is a solid choice.

Sometimes you just meed to get under the open sky for a bit. This location is great for that.