Camping in Carvers

133 Reviews of 17 Carvers, North Carolina Campgrounds

Claire O.
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Family Fun Camping!

This campground is perfect for families! Had a blast with all my young cousins participating in all the daily activities. Highlight of the trip was one of the bears Cindy riding around on a fire truck. Sites are very nice! Concert pads, full hook-ups. They even have family quad sites that seemed…

• Yogi Bear!
WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Carolina in June

Great space between sites.....we can not see our neighbors! Bathrooms are semi modern....and plenty of hot water! And level.....we have been on the road for a couple weeks and this wins the level site award.

Easy bike ride to get to the beach!

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Favorite Spot

We have traveled from Texas to Virginia and now down to NC and I think this is our favorite spot. A trolley can take you to the beach for a small fee, the people working here are nice, and the site is expansive with quite a few amenities. We would certainly come back.

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Carolina pines was awesome

We stayed at Carolina pines and we will be back all the amenities was amazing the food was good and the pool felt great

Sited072
bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

Great family campground

A short 5min drive is all it takes to get to the beach. There's also a Food Lion and a Hardware store just 1mile away for the necessities you may need. Mostly quiet. Only dislike was the security light that was over our camper on site 21. full hook-up, which we only used water/electric. Bathrooms…

• site 21. security light is only dislike
bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Good location with access to the ocean

This is a good location with access to the ocean. Didn't spend much time in the actual park as we prefer to be on the beaches. Would visit again

Małgorzata R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Winter trip

Nice family friendly campground. Plenty of things to do for the kids. Water park, swimming pools, playgrounds, laser tag area. Golf carts are of you both for the rent. Nice size convenient store you can also purchase homemade ice cream. Pet friendly with two dog parks.

Month of VisitJanuary
Kevin A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Great Location Under the Live Oaks Close to Beach

We camped at HBRV the past three nights. We were in site #46. Great site, full hookups, end site so privacy on patio side of RV. Staff was great. People were friendly. Only 2 miles to Holden Beach. Fire pit, firewood for sale. Some long term campers.  Definitely enjoyed our stay.

NThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Very nice place

Smallish campground with 20 sites on a loop around the bathhouse, which was clean and well lit. My girlfriend and I spent two nights and had nothing but good impressions. The entire park is very well maintained, and the staff was visible and helpful. An excellent state park!

L
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2021

Easy Retreat

Loved this campground. Easy to drive to and navigate and each campsite has their own path to the restrooms. There was plenty of space between other campsites, but there were no rowdy groups so wouldn’t have mattered. The sugar loaf trail is our favorite! Dog friendly too!!

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2021

NOT ENOUGH STARS!

Lisa and Brian are some of the nicest people I've ever met, Lisa is the epitome of Southern charm and hospitality and Brian my brother in arms my shipmate gave me a much needed lesson in sawmills which I appreciate more than he will ever know! Their place is a lil slice of heaven and a welcome…

Michele P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2021

More than Camping

My husband and I stayed there for two weeks in January. It is a true resort. It has indoor pools, outdoor pools, waterslide, putt putt, bowling alley, and an arcade. We ate dinner one night in the restaurant and it was absolutely wonderful. The chef actually came out and spoke with us. The grounds…

• Entrance
SiteC804
Month of VisitFebruary
MickandKarla W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2021

Interesting State Park

Our GPS wanted us to take Jones Lake State Park Rd, that was closed off, about 300 yards before the main park entrance. They have good directions on their website to follow. Check-in was easy. We proceeded to site 8, back-in with FHUs and 50 AMP. The roads were narrow but one way. Our back-in was a…

• Visitor Center where you register
  • Park Entrance
  • Trail sign near the campground
Month of VisitApril
Td
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2021

Peaceful

I started coming to MBTP Aug of 2020..I previously  had my camper at ocean lakes.i was leaving  after spending a week there and going to mbtp..problem was..i had a day in between checking in.mand had nowhere to go..I have a golfcart..this huge camper that I'm still learning...what to do..go…

kThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2021

Love it

Amazing! Brian and Lisa have done an amazing job making their place welcoming to all. A working farm that even had the dog smiling at the end of the day. We hated to leave but plan to go back!! Thanks, Marty and Katy