The best RV SITES camping near
Brunswick , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Brunswick Camping Reviews
Great Stay

Stayed 3 nights and had a great time. Feels as if you're out away from everything, yet only 2 blocks from beach.

Fun family trip

We spend three nights at Ocean Lakes. I didn't have much contact with any on the staff except for check in and the one night we ate there at their little resteraunt. Staff wasn't overly friendly, but no one was rude. The campsite was roomier than I actually expected, we were in K section and had a concrete pad, our site was very level with a large tree. We were a short walk away from the beach! Overall our stay was enjoyable. The bath houses were clean, and the campground well maintained. We did have dog waste on our site when we arrived, so that was kind of gross, but overall people seemed to pick up after their pets. If you like quiet I would avoid the weekends in October, due to their Halloween celebration. Lots of kids on golf carts, speed limit is 10 MPH but it wasn't enforced on Friday night as far as I could tell, we had a couple of close calls. Quiet time is at 11 and on Friday night it was noisy past midnight, but the two nights before that the campground was very laid back and quiet. The pool was very cold (off season) but my son still loved it and it is a very nice area. The beach is the best part, it was beautiful! Overall I recommend this campground, and we will stay here again!

Outstanding campground

They have beach and shaded campsites. Indoor and outdoor pools, trash pickup and so much more. Will totally be going back!!

Great place, mosquitos are brutal

We camped here Wed through Sat for my son's fall break. We arrived on Wed afternoon around 4pm. I was wearing leggings and the mosquitos literally landed on my leggings and bit me through them. I didn't even know that could happen. I should have left the campsite then and gone to Walmart, 17 min away, and bought enough bug spray and candles for the weekend but we set up the campsite instead. We just got back so camped the first week in October, site 17. For the four days, I had two citronella candles, one on the picnic table and one near our camping chairs, a thermocell fogger in the tent (ran for about an hour before we went in to go to sleep)  and then two bottles of 40% deet spray…one for our car when we came back to the campsite and one on the picnic table. We brought our kayaks and launched from both the Carolina Beach State Park marina and also Trails End public access (intercoastal waterway). Both were great with plenty of parking while we were there. There are VERY large yachts in the trails end area which are cool to see, just be careful when paddling that area. We fished at both places and also at Carolina beach from the surf. I caught a HUGE drum there. Lots of dogs off of leashes (rules change Oct 1st) so that was cool to see. We mostly cooked at the campsite but ate dinner at Sea Witch Cafe one night. The place is dog friendly, which we needed, and the food was reasonably priced and so good. The park rangers lock the gates at 9pm and they don't open until 7am so you have to plan accordingly. This wasn't an issue for us, we just watched the clock and made sure we were back. Beach is about 6 min away, Walmart is about 17 min or so, several grocery stores nearby (Food Lion, Publix). Overall, it was a great trip, I just wasn't prepared initially for the mosquitos. I got 90 bites that first day. I even had to constantly spray down my dog to keep the mosquitos off of her. It was a bit much. Definitely put all of your food in your car or at a minimum in your tent. Raccoons come nightly. :) We lost a quesadilla, some dog food, etc.

A terrific value!!

We stayed at this campground to take care of some family business and didn't get to enjoy all of the amenities. That being said everything was clean and well maintained. The spots are close together, but that's expected around here. Will definitely come back when we can enjoy it more.

Great experience for first time!

Very new to tow behind trailer camping. Camp site was awesome! This is the place for tranquility! Very quiet, would have thought we were the only ones there. Site has a little over two dozen spots. Well kept and maintained, really clean bathroom. Gravel slab for parking, concrete slab for picnic area, fire place, and close to Walmart for supplies. They also fill propane and sell fire wood! Would stay there again.

Nice

Nice park and campground. Beach access is good. Staff is helpful.

Great Family Fum

We went for the first weekend of October to enjoy the Halloween activities and we could not have been more pleased. Our kids, ages 1, 3 & 14, enjoyed every minute of the weekend. We booked a quad site with two other families and the location was perfect for all the children to run around and be kids without worrying about disturbing others. Cannot wait to come back.

Convenient and Great Amenities

We just finished our stay at Ocean Lakes Family Campground in Myrtle Beach, SC. We enjoyed it and will return.

Cons: no shade, sites really tight, a lot of golf carts zooming around, internet flakey - if you could stay connected it was good, site not level

Pros: right on the beach, a ton of amenities - including potable water, affordable for being on the beach with full hookup (e,w,s,c,i), concrete pad available, super easy to get to (it has its own intersection redlight).

*picture from our site to show distance to ocean - less than 100 steps. Site #2073

I made reservations for this campground by calling the week before. When asked what I’d be camping in, I clearly explained to the person taking the reservation that I had a 1989 VW Vanagon. No problem. Camp site booked!

When I actually got to the campground the following Monday, I went in to check in. I was happy because the campground looked so nice, and clean. It was back in the woods, very quiet and peaceful.

Upon check in, I was first told that I “had a boat, and didn’t disclose when I made the reservation”. I explained I did not have a boat, and the one pulling up outside the door was not mine. That taken care of, I was then asked where my van was. I explained it was parked right beside the check in cabin in the driveway. I then found out that the campground “doesn’t take that kind of camper-no tents, pop-ups” or other vehicles of the sort. I immediately started to panic a bit, considering it was getting late, and I wasn’t sure where I was going to go with my husband and two dogs. I explained that I did tell the person (when making the reservation) exactly what type of van I had, I was tersely told “she probably didn’t understand”. Fortunately, I was allowed in for the night, but the anxiety flash made the stay a bit less then perfect.

So, while the initial encounter was stressful, I am able to say that the campground is very nice. The dogs got a long walk around the area. The other campers were friendly. We had a fire in the evening, and it was very quiet. The campground host (not the same person as the check in person) gave our dogs some treats, and complimented our  van. The bathrooms (shower included) were very nice as clean, but I could see how the campground might not be able to accommodate large groups of pop-up/tent campers due to a limited number of available bathrooms.

I recommend this campground to anyone with a class A, B, C, trailer or fifth wheel RV that is self contained-meaning you have a bathroom. Otherwise, I’d find somewhere else to stay.