The best WALK IN camping near
Battleboro , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Battleboro Camping Reviews
Nice Corp Park

A one night stopover on our trip to the east coast. We stayed in a nice shaded spot B51 and other than it rained for 24 hours we did enjoy it. Lots to see and do here around the water.

Good People !

Nice but noisy

Right off the highway. Campground up against i95 so traffic noise constantly. Site was nice but they can really pack them in. Not a lot of real estate around you. Nice big lake along campground. Seems like a lot of folks just stop for the night. Nothing walking distance for food or gas. Next exit away.

Be prepared to level your camper

1st time at Lake Gaston Americamps campground. The staff is awesome. Everyone was helpful, polite, friendly and made you feel welcomed. Need firewood, no problem. The fee is only $5 / bundle, which is below average for this area, and they will deliver it to your site. Have trash, simply place your bag by your site and they will pick it up. The bathhouse is very nice. Large showers, and clean. The swimming pool is great. Mini-golf, playground for the kids and lots of planned activities. Really enjoyed the stay here. Now for the complaints: most sites are 30 amp and are unlevel. Some are a challenge to get your unit level. That's it, the rest was all good.

Get place to get away

Not far from the Roanoke River and right around the corner from Halifax, this spot is perfect for getting away from it all. Walking trails along the mountainside with small bridges over a creek offer a scenic view. Gazebo with grills and bathrooms are located a small walk from the tent sites.

Beautiful water, a little cramped

Great safe spot for tubing, fishing, hammocking, swimming. Water felt great. Gorgeous sunset. Campsites are closely sandwiched between each other and since there's not a lot of tree cover I felt like I was sharing a campsite with 20 other people! Ranger drove by at least 3x a day but kept a distance. Bathrooms were nasty. I think I'd come back to Kerr Lake but not this campground.

Great family fun

This place was awesome! They have two swimming pools, golf, put put, nature trails, pavilions, Church on Sunday, nice pull through shaded sites, pond for fishing or paddle boats, I mean I can go on and on. The staff is amazing and polite. Prices are low. Only down side is the shower room. It needs to be updated but still very functional. Great place we will be going back soon!

One of the cleanest pools I have ever laid eyes on.

Tent sites with electrical hook ups right beside the river. There is a fish cleaning sink and a pier to fish from also. Small cabins are for rent here as well. This facility has one of the cleanest pools I have ever been in. Very well kept bathroom facilities with a laundromat as well. Very friendly staff and guests here as well.

Great Family Campground

Camped at site 91. Close to restrooms and walkable distance to showers. Beach area is clean and they provide a few life vest. Playground by showers is handy with kids. Shaded and clean sites. Highly recommend.

A family tradition

This place is such a great time! 🥳🙌🏼 the sites are well distanced, if you just want to be in nature this is the perfect place! 😍 It’s been a family tradition in my husbands family to go every year, and we look forward to it every year! ☺️