The best BOAT IN camping near
Battleboro , NORTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Battleboro Camping Reviews
One of the best!

North Bend is beautiful. Sites right on the water!The lot was level and I didn’t feel like I was on top of my neighbors. The facilities are well maintained and they have handicap bathroom and shower stalls. I will be going back to this campground and lake! Saw eagles, ospreys, and herons daily.

Beautiful park for RVs and tents

Hibernia park on Kerr Lake, Henderson, NC has plenty of RV spots overlooking the lake. Some spots give you a personal sand beach. Many shaded sites for RVs and tents. We stayed Sun-Tues for a short getaway. Most Thurs-Sun were booked. Campsites on the loop in area 2 are large with plenty of space between campers. No issues with the water and electric at our site. We did not use the dump station at the front of the park. Park is incredibly clean. Rangers drive through several times during the day and right before the gate closes for the evening. Due to COVID the bath house was closed. Beautiful lake views with wildlife all over. Thoroughly enjoyed our brief stay!

Nice Corp Park

A one night stopover on our trip to the east coast. We stayed in a nice shaded spot B51 and other than it rained for 24 hours we did enjoy it. Lots to see and do here around the water.

Good People !

We loved our site!

We only stayed a night because we were just passing through but we really liked our site #59. There was plenty of room for our 31ft airstream and had a neat large second level part to our site with a picnic table and fire pit. We wish we could have stayed longer to explore the campground more because the lake looked really beautiful and peaceful. Only downside is if you don’t have a bathroom in your rig or if you are tent camping the nearest bathroom to this site was a outhouse. There was a nicer shower and bathroom farther away that we drove to. But it wasn’t a huge deal to us.

Comfy, Cozy, Close to Water

Site 206; Loop D Great site in a National Park on a lake with easy shore access from pad. Clean and spacious. Stayed from Sunday thru Tuesday in mid-August. Sites are in close proximity by pairs, but large enough not to feel cramped. Short pathway down to the waters edge of a beautiful large lake with swimming, fishing, and boating. Highly recommend for any individuals or groups looking for a National Park experience.

Relaxing and Peaceful in Bullocksville

If you are looking for a campground that has a beach, boat launch and water views this is the camp ground for you. We stayed on campsite 39. The lots are gravel with a lantern pole and brick fire pit with ring. Our lot was shady and cool. Lots near the beach received a great deal of sun and wind. This was a clean well kept park and I would recommend.

Waterfront and large site

We had a great site, right on the lake. Could launch our kayaks, fish and swim right from our site! Was a great way to cool off and just enjoy the beautiful water. Our site (#41) was huge. Had plenty of room. Very private on one side, it does neighbor to another site openly but we were lucky that no one ever reserved it while we were there.😊 A lot of sites were large sites and somewhat wooded. Not a campground where it’s one on top of each other which is nice… especially with dogs! Water was close, bathrooms were a drive since small bathrooms are closed due to Covid. Can’t blame the park for that, but it was a huge VERY clean bathroom with nice hot showers. Not much grocery stores close so definitely bring all you can. Firewood sold at front but closed on weekdays. Found a gas station that sold it about 3 miles away. We will definitely return. Wrote down some good sites on loop with electric that are waterfront too. I.e. 20, 22, 28 incase you’re wanting electric. On our no electric loop 41, 44, 22, and 20 were nice sites on the water.

Site 65

Spent the last week of July, 2020 at this park. This was my first visit to the particular campground. The park was very quiet through the week be became pretty busy on the weekend. The bath house is very nice and is well maintained. 'Thank You' to the staff for a job well done. The site descriptions on the website could be updated to better reflect the site. Site 65, as well as others in the immediate area, are listed as "level" but that is far from reality. My biggest complaint is the location of the trash dumpsters is very close to the bath house and campsites in this loop and the smell was not pleasant. The campground should consider relocating them to a location further away from the campsites. The ca.pground has a nice hiking trail within the park and great access to the lake. I enjoyed the visit and will visit this campground more often in the future.

Beautiful water, a little cramped

Great safe spot for tubing, fishing, hammocking, swimming. Water felt great. Gorgeous sunset. Campsites are closely sandwiched between each other and since there's not a lot of tree cover I felt like I was sharing a campsite with 20 other people! Ranger drove by at least 3x a day but kept a distance. Bathrooms were nasty. I think I'd come back to Kerr Lake but not this campground.